Transfering Dedicated server saves to single player saves

kentaru

Transfering Dedicated server saves to single player saves

Hi all,

first of all i did post this problem on bug reports but not get replied yet, it is not possible now to transfer the dedicated saves to single player now? i've follow the instruction how to convert it around google but no method work yet  one of them its to change the arkprofile to LocalPlayer

when i load the game i got this error

image.thumb.png.aa528409d27c6ecb29c439a6e6f7d240.png

when i try to delete the Theisland.ark on the saves folder (im using TheIsland map as test) the game can load but only my char its loaded the map its empty tamed dino,structure,stuff its not loaded

you can try it from legacy server backup https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/server-backups/

Just tested with the files from my server and worked fine, everything as it is apart from all the rocks and stuff that don't spawn in my base have respawned plus a few issues with stack sizes as I've changed raw/cooked meat & fish but didn't change the single player .ini

Copied over TheIsland.ark, the .arktribe & .tribeback files for my tribe, left their name the same, and the .arkprofile .arktributetribe & .profilebak files for my character which I renamed LocalPlayer.xxx

5 hours ago, RageQuitter said:

Just tested with the files from my server and worked fine, everything as it is apart from all the rocks and stuff that don't spawn in my base have respawned plus a few issues with stack sizes as I've changed raw/cooked meat & fish but didn't change the single player .ini

Copied over TheIsland.ark, the .arktribe & .tribeback files for my tribe, left their name the same, and the .arkprofile .arktributetribe & .profilebak files for my character which I renamed LocalPlayer.xxx

are you using ark server manager and mods? can you share with me the save file so i can test it on my client?

I'm having exactly the same issues! Never had problems before, even if I remove all my mods and delete my ini filies so it's re-created by default, it all crashes. But works fine if I load it up on dedicated paid service.

Made topic about this also:

However I'm never getting any responds, used to it already on this forums lol. But glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue, hope someone figures this mystery out, I want to do some work hosting on my own PC before my friends have time to play more active again and we order a hosted service once more.

9 hours ago, Nka19 said:

I'm having exactly the same issues! Never had problems before, even if I remove all my mods and delete my ini filies so it's re-created by default, it all crashes. But works fine if I load it up on dedicated paid service.

Made topic about this also:

However I'm never getting any responds, used to it already on this forums lol. But glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue, hope someone figures this mystery out, I want to do some work hosting on my own PC before my friends have time to play more active again and we order a hosted service once more.

yeah it works when i try to load it on ASM

but nay on single player, are you using S+ mod?

I've just tried with a random legacy server and worked fine, not much on the map apart from a few destroyed bases, the odd tame and loads of rafts but it worked fine both with a new character and copying a character from the save files and renaming it LocalPlayer.arkprofile, I deleted all single player data first before copying the save files over

Maybe try downloading your save files again just in case they got corrupted or download an old legacy server and see if that works

• 4 weeks later...

@Nka19

i found the fix try this

In Steam,
go to your library
right click on Ark
left click on properties
click on 'set launch options'
enter: -preventhibernation

Singleplayer games only the world around the player is active, the rest is in stasis, frozen, until the player travels there. On servers, the map is not in stasis. So to play a server save on a singleplayer world, we now have to enter this in launch options.

Archived