Can I play this offline, or without interference?

PalaceBuilder

Hey, I know its weird, but I was a lover of Fallout 4 for the building. And the extensive mods for building.  I restarted the game with a cheat terminal just so I could rebuild settlements into marble palaces with waterfalls, baths, and lots of greenery.  Until I basically broke the game with too much content and it just keeps crashing.  Hey, I was having fun.

So! Question, this looks like a good game to start something different but with the building aspects I love. Thing is I have ZERO interest in non-stop shooting, (some is fine) or having everything I build destroyed by a 12 year old boychild, because I will ragequit.  Building is relaxing, it's why I played the game. Pick it up play for a while, put it down, go do art or something else. Not cooperative, not competitive.  Just chill.

Is that possible with this game?  it sounds like it might be, but....

• Volunteer Moderator
42 minutes ago, PalaceBuilder said:

Hey, I know its weird, but I was a lover of Fallout 4 for the building. And the extensive mods for building.  I restarted the game with a cheat terminal just so I could rebuild settlements into marble palaces with waterfalls, baths, and lots of greenery.  Until I basically broke the game with too much content and it just keeps crashing.  Hey, I was having fun.

So! Question, this looks like a good game to start something different but with the building aspects I love. Thing is I have ZERO interest in non-stop shooting, (some is fine) or having everything I build destroyed by a 12 year old boychild, because I will ragequit.  Building is relaxing, it's why I played the game. Pick it up play for a while, put it down, go do art or something else. Not cooperative, not competitive.  Just chill.

Is that possible with this game?  it sounds like it might be, but....

There is a single player mode, which means the whole map is yours.

This is PVE (Player vs Environment) on both official and unofficial servers.  Both have their benefits and their downsides.

Additionally, in both single player and some of the unofficial servers, there are settings and mods that can make the game less of a grind (or more if that is your thing), make it easier to build(by allowing clipping/collision with objects), and mods that add QoL, functional, and/or decorative items/building pieces to the game.

Also, there are several maps, which offer a variety of environments, which in turn can provide new place to build, and or challenging places to build.

Lastly, there are many youtube videos on how to build in the game using both vanilla items and modded ones; some really creative people out there, who also have a lot of ingenuity in learning how to stretch the building mechanics to their very limits.

Archived