Introducing Tropeognathus!

Dossier_Tropeognathus.jpg

Common Name: Tropeo
Species: Tropeognathus mesembrinus
Time: Cretaceous
Diet: Piscivore
Temperament: Neutral

Wild
Up close, Tropeognathus mesembrinus is easily recognized by the keeled crests on its snout, but with wingspans of up to twenty-seven feet, you’re sure to spot it before then. 

These large wings are not only ideal for catching air currents over its ocean hunting grounds, but they also let Tropeognathus draft off of other flying creatures by flying behind them. While not the fastest flyer on the Isles, when combined with its remarkable stamina, this makes Tropeognathus well suited for long distance flight.

Because it’s on the wing so much, Tropeognathus is best snared by those riding another flier. I've noticed the more clever tribespeople using chain bolas to capture them while airborne.

Domesticated
Once tamed, Tropeognathus has proven quite useful to the people of the Isles beyond mere transportation. For example, its toothed beak can grind down many common goods to their base components, which is a great way to recycle items and gear! Well, so long as you have a rag handy to wipe off the spit...

That bite is punishing enough to crack armor and grind through it over time, and Tropeognathus can blow away flora and fauna alike with a gust from its wings. Air-to-air combat is where this creature really shines, though. And with the right tools, some survivors have managed to fit them with a saddle-mounted flak cannon and jet engine for maximum lethality. 

Trust me, you haven't lived until you've ridden a jet-powered pterosaur into a dogfight. Saddle one up and see for yourself - you can be my wingman anytime!

ARK_Crystal_Isles_Promo_ART_1_NoLogo.jpg

ARK_Crystal_Isles_Promo_ART_2_NoLogo.jpg

Crystal Isles

ARK_Crystal_Isles_2.jpg

Prepare your tribe and get ready for another epic adventure!  Crystal Isles will be coming to PC on June 4th!

Steam Sale: Explorers Edition (75% Off)

b66d23ff436b6041e2ba8327e0c585ea.jpg

Want to introduce your friends to the world of ARK?  Right now, the ARK: Survival Evolved Explorer's Edition Bundle is available for 75% off on Steam! The Explorer's Edition gives you access to the base game as well as the Scorched Earth, Aberration, and Extinction Expansion Packs.

Go grab your copy now!

EVO Event

c4d1c70db94b99199a88d21dbf29f34d_2.jpg

As mentioned previously, we'll be keeping 2X rates on until further notice.

Studio Wildcard 

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

View full article

• Haha 1

is it true that ARK will bne for Free on the Epic game store at july 7

there was an leak who claims that
https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/free-games-bei-epic-leak-kostenlose-spiele,3357800.html

already one is confirmed trur who is Civilisation VI

If true
1 Will the Epic Game store Version Support Mods or is that feature be Steam Exclusive

2 Will there be a Price reduction or Free giveaway at steam too you coud give the base game for 1 euro

Molto bello e interessante ..riguardo al tlc3 perfavore aggiungete nuove animazioni al rex, il tipo apre la bocca e ruggire mentre corre? .. e il giaga grande come rex e spino grazie al  TLC3 perfavore aggiungete nuove animazioni al rex ,del tipo, aprire la bocca e ruggire mentre corre ?..e il giga grande come rex e spino grazie 

Edited by Odawhing

1 minute ago, ladyteruki said:

Dear WildCard employee who made the X-Dinos and now the Tropeo : you're good. You're real good. Ask for a raise.

they definitely deserve one!!! lets hear it for the WC employee(s)!

but not to rush or anything but, can you make process for xbox and ps4 a little earlier than expected?

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, mgsgta3 said:

When do we get it, when crystal isles comes out or now?

With Crystal Isles as it is exclusive with that map on PC Steam.

It comes to console at the same time, but spawning on other maps until Crystal Isles is released on console.

Edited by GP
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, GP said:

With Crystal Isles as it is exclusive with that map on PC Steam.

It comes to console at the same time, but spawning on other maps until Crystal Isles is released on console.

If you don't mind, do you know where this was explicitly stated? I know it's been heavily hinted, but I remember the original post where it was teased and nowhere could I find that it said this dino was the Crystal Isles exclusive one, only that Crystal Isles would have an exclusive dino. As far as I've heard, Crystal Isles already have a few unique dinos so theoretically, it could be one of them that end up being the exclusive one.

Haven't heard that about console, did it say that in the teaser announcement? I've read it a few times, but play on PC so might've not paid enough attention to console specific things.

Edited by Zahlea

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Zahlea said:

If you don't mind, do you know where this was explicitly stated? I know it's been heavily hinted, but I remember the original post where it was teased and nowhere could I find that it said this dino was the Crystal Isles exclusive one, only that Crystal Isles would have an exclusive dino. As far as I've heard, Crystal Isles already have a few unique dinos so theoretically, it could be one of them that end up being the exclusive one.

Haven't heard that about console, did it say that in the teaser announcement? I've read it a few times, but play on PC so might've not paid enough attention to console specific things.

On 5/10/2020 at 2:45 AM, Jatheish said:

Just to provide some clarity surrounding the new creature. It'll be found on Crystal Isles on PC, and on Console it will be available on the other maps (list TBD). Once we've released Crystal Isles on Consoles, we'll be adjusting its spawn so it's found there instead. Whilst the map needs some additional time to get it ready on console, the creature will be ready and we didn't want to hold it back. Plus with the launch of CI, we'll still get some new Wyvern variants which'll be fresh at the time.

• Thanks 1

if the flak cannon is going to be very similar to the rocket turret than in all honesty just get rid it because the Rocket turret is useless in actual PvP. the Rocket turret is rarely ever used and if so its just used for its giggles and memes. 

sadly another good looking dino to the useless group

Edited by Snipz001
  • Like 1