HELP PLEASE w/cross platform play between Xbox/PC

IlIGEMIlI

cross platform play between Xbox/PC

Hello brand new to the game only been playing about 25 hours. I originally downloaded the game to my Xbox because my best friend has been playing it for years on PC. I have read numerous news articles on the internet saying that PC can play with Xbox. Watched several videos on the same topic. But I have not been able to figure it out. Together we went into official servers and into a cross-platform official server it said, but yet the two servers are not connected. We switched over to Xbox version primitive plus and tried cross-platform official servers and the worlds are not connected. 

So today I have created an account here hoping that this will be the forum that will help us resolve this issue. 

if it's something that needs to be downloaded to my Xbox or a specific mod that he needs to download to his computer or if it's just simply me not knowing how to use the interface or if it's not available at all yet. 

Please if you know anything about this topic or can give me any more help. Comment! 

So its a little strange but there are 2 versions of PC ark. One is through steam the other is through the microsoft store. If your friend is playing the microsoft version, that is compatible with crossplay reason being microsoft is xbox so if you own the xbox version you also own the microsoft version free. If he plays through steam then there is no crossplay, its only with other steam players.

30 minutes ago, IlIGEMIlI said:

Will he have to purchase it again in Microsoft store, or just downloaded it? @Piffguru

Either he will need to purchase it on xbox/microsoft store or you will need to purchase it on steam and play on pc with him. The thing is if he buys/plays it through microsoft store then he will not be able to transfer his current character or items or dinos over, it would be a clean start for him. If hes been playing for a while and is invested in what he has he may not be willing to do that.

Other thing to take into account is if he is playing through steam then he has access to lots of 3rd party mods that xbox/microsoft do not have access to. So he also may not be willing to play without those mods.

Archived