Bot

termo

If it's a private server you could pretty easily either program a mod for it or probably even find a who's online list mod,  Battlemetrics does this already so you would simply need to make an interface menu, pull the current online names and then print them into the interface display.  I wouldn't suggest trying this unless you have a firm grasp of the unreal engine editor and you would need to download the Ark Edit package from unreal first.  Keep in mind, that thing needs massive overhead to run and crashes more than a demolition derby on a saturday night.   

There are two ways to make this happen, you could use the blueprint system (which I despise) to code the mod, or you can hard code it if you know C/C++ or C#.  

Now's a good time to learn!  While I prefer to hard code everything the blueprint system is exactly the kind of system designed for those who may not know the logic of a programming language, you should give it a shot, you may find it more fun than actually playing the game itself lol. I enjoy the crap outta modding stuff and just dabbling in the code hehe.  Wish I had more time to develop tho, i'd love to try my hand in the modding competitions at some point.

2 minutes ago, Rio4201 said:

Now's a good time to learn!  While I prefer to hard code everything the blueprint system is exactly the kind of system designed for those who may not know the logic of a programming language, you should give it a shot, you may find it more fun than actually playing the game itself lol. I enjoy the crap outta modding stuff and just dabbling in the code hehe.  Wish I had more time to develop tho, i'd love to try my hand in the modding competitions at some point.

so this is a great opportunity to try yourself ..)))) you can do this on my server. easily admin and you can do all your experiments))  for bad english sory ))

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Rio4201 said:

In any case, check out the workshop I know there's a mod or two that shows you who is online. You could just use your admin panel as it also lists who's connected and playing. :)

I don't think you understood what he wants. His intents are obviously to add fake players to his server so that it appears more popular, ranks higher in server searches, etc. in an attempt to attract more players.

3 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I don't think you understood what he wants. His intents are obviously to add fake players to his server so that it appears more popular, ranks higher in server searches, etc. in an attempt to attract more players.

Ahh, well I suppose something like that could be done.. hmmm, you could put phantom players in those slots like what's done in popular fps games,  when a real player connects the npc count or in this case phantom player would need to simply be reduced by 1 until the server fills.  Not sure how ethical that'd be tho, but then again, when players who do connect realize there really isn't anyone else on, they'll probably not stay long.

I can't say I haven't written a bot or two for things like this in my past, but bots like this are generally frowned upon and anti-cheat picks up on them so I haven't actually done one in about 10 years lol. My last bot was for WoW to farm ore haha. 

2 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

that's exactly yes, because our server is not listed and hasn't been visible for months...

36 minutes ago, Rio4201 said:

Ahh, well I suppose something like that could be done.. hmmm, you could put phantom players in those slots like what's done in popular fps games,  when a real player connects the npc count or in this case phantom player would need to simply be reduced by 1 until the server fills.  Not sure how ethical that'd be tho, but then again, when players who do connect realize there really isn't anyone else on, they'll probably not stay long.

logical but important is that they have entered
we will make their own decisions afterwards..

new message )

....I agree with both of you, but since this is not a paid version, deception is not considered but it is not true.
I made my decision and I will investigate what I need to do to appear in the list.
and I am editing it because I don't have the right to message)))

1 minute ago, termo said:

that's exactly yes, because our server is not listed and hasn't been visible for months...

It might be easier just to troubleshoot why your server isn't appearing in the listings.  Are you running this privately and not through a server hosting service?  If you have a dynamic IP address and it changes your players would need to look for the server name every week or two to find the updated server listing.  Especially if you are using no-IP or other redirection services to host the server.

• Volunteer Moderator

2 minutes ago, Rio4201 said:

The ISteamGameServer interface technically allows to create fake clients, but they have to be marked as such to the master server (display as "bot" in the server browser). If you trick the queries to bypass such flag and mark them as real players, your IP (or server token for games that can't be host anonymously) will be at risk of being blacklisted if reported to VALVe. And if he isn't hosting himself, many host won't tolerate such stuff in their ToS and might shut down his account entirely. Regardless, and as you said, false-advertising won't help in players retention and really just tarnish a community's reputation in the end.

Such deceptive practice is pathetic in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

The ISteamGameServer interface technically allows to create fake clients, but they have to be marked as such to the master server (display as "bot" in the server browser). If you trick the queries to bypass such flag and mark them as real players, your IP (or server token for games that can't be host anonymously) will be at risk of being blacklisted if reported to VALVe. And if he isn't hosting himself, many host won't tolerate such stuff in their ToS and might shut down his account entirely. Regardless, and as you said, false-advertising won't help in players retention and really just tarnish a community's reputation in the end.

Such deceptive practice is pathetic in my opinion.

I wholeheartedly agree, if this was a gun game server in cs:go that would be one thing, but to do this for Ark seems a bit overboard and as i mentioned ethically it probably isn't a good idea. Easier to just troubleshooting the main issue and getting the server to list properly. lol. 

.I agree with both of you, but since this is not a paid version, deception is not considered but it is not true.
I made my decision and I will investigate what I need to do to appear in the list.

thank you both for the answers  Rio4201  and invincibleqc  ❤️

I couldn't write because I didn't have the right to message yesterday...ım sory. can your give me steam if a private message is possible here. thanks )))

On 5/24/2020 at 9:20 PM, Rio4201 said:

I wholeheartedly agree, if this was a gun game server in cs:go that would be one thing, but to do this for Ark seems a bit overboard and as i mentioned ethically it probably isn't a good idea. Easier to just troubleshooting the main issue and getting the server to list properly. lol. 

actually i found a way
I'm looking for a clan I want to sponsor)).I will provide a server service and I will not interfere with anything. The panel will be with them. I will just build a house and dive into mutation issues.Please send this news to your friends. For those who wish, my address is    termostad@gmail.com

Archived