Center map tlc

jurassicjoey

Suggestion

Center map tlc

It would be nice.if the center map.got a huge update. Ideas that I had would be

1. The the center underground tuen into a hybrid ab like zone none of the creatures from aberration in there but the plants rocks some resources as well as some scorched-earth scorched Earth Resources and maybe adding some not a lot but just a few small element nodes kind of like on the volcano from Genesis and not a whole lot of them but just a few so players here can maybe get like a total of twenty or Thirty element per run in there without having to grind bosses . 

2. Add a boss system. Gamma would comprise of the monkey in the spider as it is now betta would adding the Dragon and Alpha would have dragon Spider-Man Decor monkey and maybe I can Alpha rex or something so it would be really super hard so that each level of difficulty you increasing the boss it would add plus one more boss

3 expand the underground zone have it to to the creator under.the floting.island

4 add a new small.islands beween south jungle.and the redwoods maybe a desert island that has salt and suffer

5. Add some. More jellyfish and less piranh

6 add 2 new giga.spawn 1 in of.the jungle.island and.one.in the redwood

7 add a few new poly/obciden spawns maybe 1 large one in the central jungle 

8 some environmental effects are events such as severe thunderstorms similar to scorched-earth One Step would shut down Electronics 

9 the volcano cave on the center is so massive just to get to artifacts it seems kind of like a lot of waste of space what if there were small Pockets within that cave that could be building enabled very small spaces like 10 x 10 areas here in there within or more things are added to the volcano caves some kind of events mini boss fights

6 replies to this server topic

10 hours ago, SapphireSam7 said:

Add some. More jellyfish and less piranh

• The oceans on many of the maps are pretty bare, and the one on the Center even more so. Unless you are referring to leed's.... That said, I think having a heavier population in the seas would be nice. It is one of the first things I tend to upgrade when I put the map up in my cluster. Unfortunately the issues it has tend to get the map switched pretty quickly. 

No more jelly’s, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Add new ocean creatures, or just add in the others, just not the evil jellyfish

Hello - 

Before I get into the different points, there is one I would like to make. The Center was a free map. And because of this - while I would love it to be updated and/or fixed, I understand why they may not choose to do so. They charged us nothing to have it so to put a massive amount of time and effort into fixing and/or updating it, I can understand why it may not a priority. 

That said, if they were willing to fix, update, and better maintain I wouldn't say no. Not even if it were for a cost - I would 100% be supportive of that move. The cost could be a cut of an official storyline map or at full price and I would probably still go for it. 

Now on to the separate notes that you posted. 

• The the center underground tuen into a hybrid ab like zone none of the creatures from aberration in there but the plants rocks some resources as well as some scorched-earth scorched Earth Resources and maybe adding some not a lot but just a few small element nodes kind of like on the volcano from Genesis and not a whole lot of them but just a few so players here can maybe get like a total of twenty or Thirty element per run in there without having to grind bosses . 
    • Just to clarify first. What I am reading is that you would like underground area of the map to be changed to a Aberration-Scorched Earth themed portion of the map with the associated resources and creatures along with the element nodes from Genesis I?
    • Assuming that is what you are saying, I would have to go with no thank you. While I am all for updating the map and fixing it, I am not much for the idea that the map should be brought to the state of the current maps as far as creatures, items, and themes. Mainly it is a progressional issue. It was released before the other maps and because of that, I think it should remain where it sits as far as when things were released. You did suggest this as a TLC - not a new map with themes remembered from The Center - so as such I think it should get some "Tender Loving Care" but not a full makeover. To do so and add what you are suggesting seems better fitting a whole new map, not the cleaning up of an existing one. Not only that, but another downside to bringing it forward and adding all the new map aspects to it...you start pushing the envelope on how much is too much? Giving each map it's own unique twist is what drives the travel between them. If you give them the best of all things, what would be the reason to travel between them? 
    • I am not saying I do not understand where you are coming from though- I love the Center. If it were working properly, I probably would be on it 100% of the time. And a part of me thinks it would be cool to add the changes you are suggesting - however, when considered, it would change the map. We have Ragnarok with the Scorched Earth themes, Valguero with the Aberration themes, and now Crystal Isles with portions of both and a few minor notes from Genesis. I am not sure we need another with those ties. 
  • Add a boss system. Gamma would comprise of the monkey in the spider as it is now betta would adding the Dragon and Alpha would have dragon Spider-Man Decor monkey and maybe I can Alpha rex or something so it would be really super hard so that each level of difficulty you increasing the boss it would add plus one more boss
    • I'll be honest, this one I had a really hard time following. I am guessing you are referring to restructuring the boss system? For example: 
      • Gamma: Monkey
      • Beta: Monkey and Spider
      • Alpha: Monkey, Spider, Dragon
    • I am not against this change. For any of the free maps actually. The Official Ark maps have the creatures they have chosen there for a reason, but the free maps have a little more wiggle room. They could even be done with different creatures - Ragnarok including the Manticore instead of the Spider or Crystal Isles including their Crystal Wyvern Boss instead of the Monkey for example. It could make the bosses a bit more difficult and a bit more of a challenge. 
  • Expand the underground zone have it to to the creator under.the floting.island
    • This is another point I would be alright with as long as it isn't given items from the new maps (Aberration, Scorched Earth, Extinction, Genesis I). The reason's to which were previously explained. Expanding the area? Sure. Updating it to contain items from the newer maps under the parameters of a TLC? No thank you. 
  • Add a new small.islands between south jungle.and the redwoods maybe a desert island that has salt and suffer
    • Adding a few new small islands I am cool with. In fact, one of my favorite things to do are to build bridges between them in Primitive Plus with the pontoon bridges. Adding the resources again, from a newer map - not so much. 
  • Add some. More jellyfish and less piranh
    • The oceans on many of the maps are pretty bare, and the one on the Center even more so. Unless you are referring to leed's.... That said, I think having a heavier population in the seas would be nice. It is one of the first things I tend to upgrade when I put the map up in my cluster. Unfortunately the issues it has tend to get the map switched pretty quickly. 
  • Add 2 new giga.spawn 1 in of.the jungle.island and.one.in the redwood
    • What is your reasoning for this change? There are already two that I know of, on the Volcano Island and up in the snowy regions. I have seen them in those areas quite often. To put them on the Jungle islands and in the Redwoods would almost seem to make the map swarm with them. Is there a specific reason you are suggesting this change?
  • Add a few new poly/obsidian spawns maybe 1 large one in the central jungle 
    • One of the reasons I like The Center so much is because, unlike Ragnarok, Valguero, and Crystal Isles, you have to work for you resources. It seems that as the free maps have progressed, so have the number of resources spawners. You can essentially plop yourself down anywhere and as long as you have a flyer - you aren't too far from just about anything you need daily. To add a few more to the Center could essentially do the same thing which could limit how much a person may need to travel the map to find what they are looking for. As it is there is a perfectly good resources spawn that is relatively easy to get to and find on the map. So I am not sure on why there would need to be another. 
  • Some environmental effects are events such as severe thunderstorms similar to scorched-earth One Step would shut down Electronics 
    • As as convenient as it may be to simply have all the maps set to use the all existing weather patterns - it seems they are all unique per map. And because of this, I think it works to keep them as such. Perhaps with Ark 2 - they could make it a bit more uniform so that they could all be updated and adjusted at the same time - but I am not sure if it is worth going back and doing so now. I know the post was for a specific weather pattern, but the same statement applies to any that may be suggested. 
  • The volcano cave on the center is so massive just to get to artifacts it seems kind of like a lot of waste of space what if there were small Pockets within that cave that could be building enabled very small spaces like 10 x 10 areas here in there within or more things are added to the volcano caves some kind of events mini boss fights
    • For the most part, caves with artifacts shouldn't be buildable. To do so sets the map up for players that may attempt to block entry. As such, I think this cave should be thought of the same. So the options would be to shrink the cave to give it a more direct route to the artifacts so that it wouldn't be as large as you are concerned with and create a secondary cave players could build in, or leave it as is and removing the ability to build so the artifacts and drops cannot be blocked. The ice cave for another of the artifacts is nearly just as large, and I believe it should be handled in the same manner. 

Overall, the suggestions aren't bad, just not the directions I would go with a TLC. If you had been referring to a new map with elements from The Center or perhaps a Remastered version that re-released the map as a "new map" with updates - perhaps. To me a TLC is more of fixes and minor updates and a few of the suggestions you had were pretty major and game changing for the map. 

The Center doesn't need a whole lot in terms of structure, it's fairly well designed all things considered.

I do believe it is the buggiest map in the whole game though. There's so many issues with overspawning and underspawning on this map. Daeodon have like four set spawn spots that are often filled with Mammoths or Wolves, and I haven't been able to find any Gigas as hard as I try. I liked when Gigas spawned everywhere on the map, it added a sense of tension when exploring. It often has some weird crashes, lighting/sound glitches, and just overall suffers from a lack of polish. 

I do think a new creature or two would make this map worthwhile to visit, I have a post about ideas for a Center TLC if you want to check it out. 

Overall, I like this map a lot, and don't think it needs any map or structure changes, just some bug fixes. 

I agree, the map itself is pretty good, you don’t need to remake it, just saying it could use modernization to fit in with the rest of the game is all. Improve the graphics and sound qualities, no need to rebuild the whole map. New creatures and spawns might be interesting, but the more you ask the less likely they are to do it, so I’d be happy with just a slight modernization to boost the map.

I really think The Center would benefit from a sound and visual rework, it’s obvious that this map hasn’t been touched lately. 

sound- the sound quality of this map is noticeably bad, with a shrill metallic quality to it which makes it sound like it’s coming out of a metal tube. I’ve noticed it a tiny bit in other maps on occasion but nowhere near as severe and continuous this one. It’s especially bad with wave and weather effects. 

Graphics- While not bad overall, there’s a lot lower texture quality in The Center when compared to any other map, even The Island or PG maps. Simply adding a texture boost and making plant/rock harvesting effects consistent with other maps would go a really long way. All the other maps have a sense of realism to them that The Center lacks just because of this.

Note- I play PS4 version, so I don’t know if this is relevant to any other platform.

Archived