Easiest cave and caving tips.

ARKPOTATO

Easiest cave and caving tips.

I play on the island, I am level 57. I need some caving tips because of the lack of chitin because I couldn't leave the most caves I enter alive the spiders and scorpions kills me. I need some tips about caving. And what is the easiest cave ? I only tried the central cave and lower and upper south caves. Is there a cave with low amounts of spider and scorpion (except the yeti cave) ?

All the caves are fairly easy now with cryopods, I use bary for the upper south, megatherium for swamp, rex for ice cave, basis for the water caves and a thyla for the rest, direwolves & sabers work well for farming chitin in the lower south, sabers slightly better as they have a saddle, just take your time and try to aggro creatures from a distance with a crossbow so you're not fighting everything at once

You're playing single player iirc? cave spawns can be a bit buggy in single player so if you're struggling for chitin maybe look at taming a diplocaulus, if you've got flyer carry enabled and a ptera then they're pretty easy to get, grab one from the swamp and drop it in a pen at your base, they tame with simple kibble and don't need a saddle, you have to get them in the water first to be able to ride them but they're like a living scuba tank so you can breathe underwater as long as they've got oxygen and they do 7x damage to trilobites and get loads of chitin, just start at the top of the thin strip of land on the west coast and work your way around to near the swamp on the east, stick to the shallows and you'll get plenty in one run

• 6 months later...

Archived