Engrams from other dlcs on the island

LilPrepBoy

So i recently bought Scorched, Abberation, and extincition and i am playing on the island right now. when i first got them, there was just the outline of the engrams and it just said Learn on (map). I got on today and they were available to unlock for some reason. I want to play all these maps in order and get all these engrams along the way ( I am going to bring this same character through all the maps) How do i make them so i have to learn them on the other maps?

Edit: im playing singleplayer btw

On 5/20/2020 at 8:27 PM, LilPrepBoy said:

So i recently bought Scorched, Abberation, and extincition and i am playing on the island right now. when i first got them, there was just the outline of the engrams and it just said Learn on (map). I got on today and they were available to unlock for some reason. I want to play all these maps in order and get all these engrams along the way ( I am going to bring this same character through all the maps) How do i make them so i have to learn them on the other maps?

Edit: im playing singleplayer btw

You have to go to the corresponding map to learn them. Was that what you did? I don't know if "I got on today and they were available to unlock for some reason" means that you went to the map or if you hadn't tried to unlock them until today.

As a side note: If you're on PC and can have mods, there's a mod called Structures Plus (S+) that, among a lot of other things, has a setting to allow learning engrams regardless of map, meaning you can learn Scorched Earth, Aberration and Extinction engrams on The Island for instance. I very much recommend this mod in general as it fixes a lot of issues with the building system and in general just makes the building so much better.

6 hours ago, Zahlea said:

You have to go to the corresponding map to learn them. Was that what you did? I don't know if "I got on today and they were available to unlock for some reason" means that you went to the map or if you hadn't tried to unlock them until today.

As a side note: If you're on PC and can have mods, there's a mod called Structures Plus (S+) that, among a lot of other things, has a setting to allow learning engrams regardless of map, meaning you can learn Scorched Earth, Aberration and Extinction engrams on The Island for instance. I very much recommend this mod in general as it fixes a lot of issues with the building system and in general just makes the building so much better.

I meant that i got on the island again, i haven’t even got on any of the other maps. I am running s+, how do i turn that setting off so i don’t get the other engrams while i am on the island?

21 minutes ago, LilPrepBoy said:

I meant that i got on the island again, i haven’t even got on any of the other maps. I am running s+, how do i turn that setting off so i don’t get the other engrams while i am on the island?

When S+ added that new feature, I'm fairly sure they also added a configuration setting that would let you turn this feature off. I don't remember what it's called but if you go to the S+ page and look at the documentation for the most recent update it should tell you the name of that config option and how to set it the way you want.

16 hours ago, LilPrepBoy said:

Ah, then that's your problem. In vanilla you can't ever learn those engrams on The Island. You are meant to go to Scorched Earth and there learn the Scorched Earth engrams, go to Aberration to learn the Aberration engrams and to Extinction to learn the Extinction engrams. Once you've learned the engrams, you can then use them on any map, I believe, but they often contain resources only native to the map where you learned them so that's another obstacle to overcome.

The S+ setting is this:

DisableUnlockingMapSpecificEngrams=false

However, setting it to false is the S+ default, so if you haven't changed it and you updated to the latest S+ update (came last week) you should already see the effects. You could try adding it anyways to see if it helps. NOTE: If you haven't updated to S+ yet, don't rush to update! First, make sure you know how to backup your game (learn how to do it if not). Backup your game. Read about the update at the S+ Steam forum first as it could mess up depending on if you have certain settings set or not. Make sure you read up on how to mitigate it so that you don't end up losing parts of your base. And backup, for the love of god, backup! :P

9 hours ago, Zahlea said:

Ah, then that's your problem. In vanilla you can't ever learn those engrams on The Island. You are meant to go to Scorched Earth and there learn the Scorched Earth engrams, go to Aberration to learn the Aberration engrams and to Extinction to learn the Extinction engrams. Once you've learned the engrams, you can then use them on any map, I believe, but they often contain resources only native to the map where you learned them so that's another obstacle to overcome.

The S+ setting is this:

DisableUnlockingMapSpecificEngrams=false

However, setting it to false is the S+ default, so if you haven't changed it and you updated to the latest S+ update (came last week) you should already see the effects. You could try adding it anyways to see if it helps. NOTE: If you haven't updated to S+ yet, don't rush to update! First, make sure you know how to backup your game (learn how to do it if not). Backup your game. Read about the update at the S+ Steam forum first as it could mess up depending on if you have certain settings set or not. Make sure you read up on how to mitigate it so that you don't end up losing parts of your base. And backup, for the love of god, backup! :P

yeah, believe me, with all these s+ updates, i make backups of backups of backups

Archived