[Structure Plus(S+)] Now Respecting Vanilla Pick-Up Settings

Oliviako

[Structure Plus(S+)] Now Respecting Vanilla Pick-Up Settings

According to the latest discussion in Steam Workshop, Orionsun - the developer of S+ mod, has removed the pick-up function from this mod - respecting vanilla settings. This is applied since the recent major update on S+ mod.

Additionally, S+ tool guns have been merged into one, and some of the S+ structures now have different Health. Please check in-game to familiarize them, or if your want to repair some structure due to the health change.

This doesn't mean we all have to obey to the vanilla settings on picking up structures. ARK: Homestead update has add 4 server configuration command lines in GameUserSettings.ini, in ..\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor(for me, single player). The command lines are "AlwaysAllowStructurePickup", "StructurePickupTimeAfterPlacement", "AllowIntegratedSPlusStructures" and "StructurePickupHoldDuration". If you don't have these command lines in .ini file, please add it manually under "[ServerSettings]" section.

• AlwaysAllowStructurePickup: Boolean, the default is false. If set to true, any structures can be picked up at anytime, anywhere.
  • StructurePickupTimeAfterPlacement: Float value, the default is 30. This value is the time(in seconds) that allows players to pickup a structure after it has been placed if AlwaysAllowStructurePickup is set to false.
  • AllowIntegratedSPlusStructures: Boolean, the default is true. If false disables all of the new S+ structures (intended mainly for letting unofficials that want to keep using the S+ mod version to keep using that without a ton of extra duplicate structures).
  • StructurePickupHoldDuration: Float value, the default is 0.5. How long(in seconds) players have to hold E and place their mouse on radar menu to pickup a structure. 0 means instant pick-up.

This is quite a huge change in modded ARKs. I hope this topic can help as many players as possible.

References:

1. Discussion page on Steam Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/731604991/4203492762828736718/

2. Server Configuration - by official ARK pedia: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration#ARK:_Homestead_specific

I also play single player.  When the S+ update came out, I looked in the gameusersettings.ini in the folder you mentioned, and AlwaysAllowStructurePickup was not under [serversettings].  So, I added it and set it to true, meaning I added the line AlwaysAllowStructurePickup=true .

It did not work.  I still get the 30 sec timer, and can't pick up anything after that, regardless if I just placed it, was there, is vanilla, or is S+ variant. 

I posted that in the workshop discussion on steam for S+.

I also run an ASM game.  The line was already there, so I just had to change it to "true".  I have not tested that though.

It does help me - allowing pickup any structure at anytime.

Search the command lines with not only eyes, but also use "find" in "Edit". Type "Always" to find this command line, or make sure it is not in the .ini file. Put new command line in-between existing command lines, otherwise the game might ignore what we have typed.

I added this command line here:

ini1.thumb.png.65b782060a3f151af840dfaded9e2756.pngini2.thumb.png.164afd5ec59f547a01bad85418443a5d.png

I did indeed use ctrl-f to search the file for "allow".  I also did the eyeball search.  Although, I did add it to the end of the [serversettings] list.  That really shouldn't matter, but hey, I'll give it a go and move it up a few lines so it's not last.  Will update when able.

edit* It still doesn't work.  Maybe it's time to remove S+ and add it back.

Unsubbed from S+.  Restarted Steam and subscribed to S+, allowed steam to finish downloading it.  Went to Ark title screen and waited for white text showing S+ install to go away. Made sure S+ was in my active mod list (I only run S+ and super spy glass). Started single player, and nothing changed.  I still can't pick anything up.  Giving up for now.

• 10 months later...

Hi, wondering if I can get some help. Another single player, real life stops me playing on 24/7 servers. Hence...

After coming back to ARK after almost 12 months, found S+ not doing what I was expecting it to do i.e. Pickup anything on a hold "E" option.

Followed the instructions - Search..

\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini (3 hits)
    : AlwaysAllowStructurePickup=True
    : AlwaysNotifyPlayerLeft=False
    : DontAlwaysNotifyPlayerJoined=False

so made sure there's only one instance.

[ServerSettings]
DifficultyOffset=0.200000
ListenServerTetherDistanceMultiplier=1.000000
RaidDinoCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier=1.000000
StructurePreventResourceRadiusMultiplier=1.000000
PvEDinoDecayPeriodMultiplier=1.000000
AlwaysAllowStructurePickup=True
StructurePickupTimeAfterPlacement=30.000000
AllowIntegratedSPlusStructures=True
StructurePickupHoldDuration=0.500000

AllowRaidDinoFeeding=False
PerPlatformMaxStructuresMultiplier=1.000000

etc

Set the lines between other commands, all together

Still cant get it to pickup, looked at the S+ Pistol function but cant switch from "INFO".

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
On 5/20/2020 at 12:26 PM, Oliviako said:

I can give you my .ini file to see whether it's a problem in your game file or command lines.

Remember to change the other multipliers back to your own preference afterwards.

GameUserSettings.ini 9.27 kB · 42 downloads

thank you, got it working now, i just pasted alwaysallowstructiurepickup in a couple placers of my ini and it seems to be working, btw Oliviako your server admin password is showing in the document

Archived