Suggest Engrams Cannot Buy Other Engrams

Jemcrystal

Suggestion

Suggest Engrams Cannot Buy Other Engrams

All I wanted was the engram Electrical Outlet.  I had the blueprints for the other electrical stuffs already.  Just wanted Electrical Outlet.  I click it and now I have purchased a Generator and a Straight Cable as well. 

That would be like me going to Walmart to buy Donuts for the wify and kids and some irate cash clerk hostilely grabbing a bag of Doritos off the stand and a Lighter, throwing them in my bag, grabbing my credit card out of my hand and ringing them all up with a greedy evil grin while I stood shocked.  I'm like, but I did not come here to pay for Doritos and a Lighter.  I don't smoke and wify already bought the kids Doritos at a gas station yesterday.  The kids want Donuts.   JUST DONUTS.  Only donuts.  To bad.  Your engram moneys buys this Generator and a Straight Cable because you showed up at Ark-Walmart SUCKER. 

Could you NOT buy stuff with my engram points I did not ask for.  Ruins the already redundant point of even collecting these dumb repetitive sup drop blue prints.  You are going to make me pay for it anyway.

8 replies to this server topic

This is an interesting one. 

To continue requiring the use of prerequisites or not to? 

On one side of the fence, it is a bit of a progression issue. The idea being that you can only learn how to build out of wood after you learned to build with Thatch makes sense. You start with the basics and work your way up. 

On the other side of the fence, there are some inconsistencies with the way Ark has created ways around that progression. Such as finding blueprints to craft higher level items. Why learn it when you can just find a blueprint and craft it? 

Now the point could be easily argued that the only reason some items are found as blueprints are because you typically do not earn enough engram points to learn everything. So blueprints are more of a support than a strict work-around. A well oiled-tribe can get around these issues by assigning tasks or engrams to individuals. Those with smaller tribes, as single-player tribes, or those that came together after having applied most of their points - they may have more issues if the blueprints weren't available for use. 

There are legitimate concerns for either way you look at it. 

Personally I am more for meeting in the middle. I think that prerequisites should stay. It is a progression point in the survival part of the story.

However, some of what the need may need to be revisited; Yes, there are those that make sense. Such as the thatch to wood example. However there are those that do not, as with the highlight of this post. You shouldn't have to learn how to build a generator to craft a wire or outlet. If anything, progressionally it makes sense to have it in reverse. As such I believe the entire electrical wiring portion should not require prerequisites.

Progressionally, removing prerequisites in this instance won't hurt much of anything. The entire wiring portion is the first step into power and really, until the tek generator, the only source of power beyond the single instance windmill. So much like how thatch can be learned in whichever order you wish, so should the wiring portion. 

I am sure there are other items out there that it wouldn't hurt to take a second glance at either. 

On 5/18/2020 at 11:32 AM, Jemcrystal said:

some irate cash clerk hostilely grabbing a bag of Doritos off the stand and a Lighter, throwing them in my bag, grabbing my credit card out of my hand and ringing them all up with a greedy evil grin while I stood shocked. 

But........... she asked you first “WOULD YOU LIKE TO UNLOCK THIS ENGRAM AND ITS PERQUISITES???” 

Archived