linux server ARK server updates 310.76 and 310.90 not available on Linux servers?

roots

ARK server updates 310.76 and 310.90 not available on Linux servers?

I'm running a linux dedicated ARK server. Today a few players reported troubles connecting to the server due to outdated mods on the server. I double checked and all mods were up to date. Same for the server version being offered through Steam. While checking this I noticed that the latest two released server updates 310.76 and 310.90 were not installed and are still not available to this point. The server is still running on 310.68. Anyone else seeing this? 

Having the same problem as y'all, I have a Linux server off a hosting website (shockbyte) but whenever I look at the servers details in the server browser it shows the build version of 310.68 instead of 310.90 like the majority of servers. My friend is having problems connecting to the server, like crashing at Snapshot_9 and Mod version mismatch (Might not be related)

Well, I raised a support ticket 19 hours ago since I got no response to this forum post. No response on that either so far.

I just checked https://ark-servers.net/ for Linux servers running 310.76 or 310.90. Not a single one listed. All Linux servers are running 310.68 or older. I guess there isn't much we can do on our end.

No update on my ticket. No reaction via Twitter either.

But: I saw that at least the available version was bumped up. 

At the time that I initially opened this post the server build version was 5036335. Now it is 5057242. The current server version should be 310.94 but it's still identifying itself as 310.68.

Here's my new theory: They did push the last few updates to Steam for Linux dedicated servers but forgot to bump the version number up in the executable. 

I case you want to check for yourself what the latest version is: 

/var/games/steam/steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +app_info_update 1 +app_info_print 376030 +quit

Look out for the buildid. If you run 

/var/games/steam/steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +app_info_update 1 +app_info_print 376030 +quit | grep build

it will only report the buildids. The first one is the one you're looking for.

Alternatively you can check out the depot info on SteamDB

After some more digging I found that this isn't happening the first time. Seems to be a recurring issue with them not bumping up the version number on Linux server releases.

https://github.com/FezVrasta/ark-server-tools/issues/1058

https://arkservermanager.freeforums.net/thread/3192/installed-version-match-txt-number

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/510010-versiontxt-missing-since-genesis-update/

10 hours ago, Tythae said:

So we're just stuck waiting for Wildcard to notice?  There's only a few threads talking about this.  Are 99% of the people hosting the game doing so on Windows?  I'd switch to Windows Server if the license wasn't so damn expensive.

I guess so. They're just playing dead on all channels. And from what I've seen the majority are hosting ARK servers on Windows. I can't blame them though. The ARK Linux dedicated server is the worst I've ever hosted.

On 5/25/2020 at 11:56 PM, pleinx said:

uff, what?
How big is your savegame file? How many mods? And ofc, on which hardware?

Even the standard installation without any mods takes ~10 minutes to start. And by that I mean the time until the server responds to requests on it's ports via HLSW / monitoring software and people can actually connect to it. The server is quite beefy: 

The EX40 dedicated root server houses a high-performance Intel® Core i7-4770 Quad-Core processor of the well-known Haswell architecture and 32 GB DDR3 RAM. Furthermore, two 2 TB SATA 6 Gb/s Enterprise HDDs are used. Both hard drives are specially designed for sustained rapid growth in data volume. They also guarantee high reliability during continuous operation.

But when your dedicated server has no proper multicore support ?‍♂️

10 hours ago, Morbid1207 said:

So did today's update fix in Linux ? We ended up migrating installs to windows servers for now so I have no clue.

Nope, still on 310.68. And no news on my ticket.

39 minutes ago, roots said:

Even the standard installation without any mods takes ~10 minutes to start. And by that I mean the time until the server responds to requests on it's ports via HLSW / monitoring software and people can actually connect to it. The server is quite beefy: 

Nope, still on 310.68. And no news on my ticket.

Both not true.

Our Servers starts with 3 Mods on NVMe disk under 1 Minute (Savegame is > 100MB, means not the smallest one) and after that close minute the server is fully started up means player can join, rcon is also ready. 

I dont know what you mean with the EX40 machine, is that yours? Then its possible because of none SSD/NVMe with the 10 minutes.

And the Linux Update is since yesterday ~11pm available with v310.111

10 minutes ago, pleinx said:

Our Servers starts with 3 Mods on NVMe disk under 1 Minute (Savegame is > 100MB, means not the smallest one) and after that close minute the server is fully started up means player can join, rcon is also ready. 

I dont know what you mean with the EX40 machine, is that yours? Then its possible because of none SSD/NVMe with the 10 minutes.

Cool, you have a different server on which the ARK server starts up faster. That doesn't excuse the poorly written dedicated server executable. Anything else I host takes mere seconds to start.

17 minutes ago, pleinx said:

And the Linux Update is since yesterday ~11pm available with v310.111

I stand corrected. There seems to be an issue with arkmanager as it doesn't detect that version. Had to manually force it. It is now running 310.111.

16 minutes ago, roots said:

Cool, you have a different server on which the ARK server starts up faster. That doesn't excuse the poorly written dedicated server executable. Anything else I host takes mere seconds to start.

That shouldn't looking bragging. Sorry. Want just to understand why it takes so long time for you. Didnt know your server until now.
A friend hosting ARK-Servers on Windows with standard HDD and it takes up to 60mins (but with 15-20 mods :D)

21 minutes ago, roots said:

I stand corrected. There seems to be an issue with arkmanager as it doesn't detect that version. Had to manually force it. It is now running 310.111.

Nicu :)

Archived