Where To Find Those Trilobites ?

ARKPOTATO

I am playing on the island I am level 57 and I need chitin and keratin. Harvesting keratin from turtles are a waste of time and I decided to go for chitin. I tried both lower south and south east caves several times, I died at all of them. I made it to central cave but I died at first try (I was trying to build a base In the cave but it didn't worked [In my server setting I can build inside caves].) So I decided to go for tribolites but I couldn't find a single one In the spawn map it was showing trilobites everyhere but I can't find. I tried deep water but because of both of my bary's died I would never go without a megaladon or SCUBA gear. In short where are trilobites????

11 minutes ago, Erinn said:

You will get much more chitin from spiders than from trilobites in my opinion. Trilobites should be all around sandy beaches in the south but personaly I woul just tame a high lvl wolf or a mated pair of wolves for boost and sweep the easiest hunter arte cave.

I am not very good with caves. For a while there was no mob and node spawns on all the caves and later mobs started to spawn in insane amounts. And I lost my saber and bary. In caves there is insane amounts of spiders but I coulnd't leave a cave alive. At once I even saw 3 megalosaurus in the lower south cave artifact room.

Trilobites are generally along all shorelines. I'd advise you to go follow the shore all around The Island and you should find a lot of them! Make sure you look a bit out in the water as well as they don't always come up on land. There are also a lot of them on the bottom of the ocean, but as you say, you might want to wait with that until you have a Megalodon.

You'll also get chitin from Titanomyrmas although they are not as easily farmeable in bulk. Same with Meganeuras although they are a bit more abundant where they spawn. If you have the ability of taming a Sabertooth  they have improved chitin farming so that you get more from whatever you manage to find and kill.

8 hours ago, ARKPOTATO said:

I am playing on the island I am level 57 and I need chitin and keratin. Harvesting keratin from turtles are a waste of time and I decided to go for chitin. I tried both lower south and south east caves several times, I died at all of them. I made it to central cave but I died at first try (I was trying to build a base In the cave but it didn't worked [In my server setting I can build inside caves].) So I decided to go for tribolites but I couldn't find a single one In the spawn map it was showing trilobites everyhere but I can't find. I tried deep water but because of both of my bary's died I would never go without a megaladon or SCUBA gear. In short where are trilobites????

I would second @TraXz suggestion get a megatherium.  Super easy to tame w/ honey, easy to get honey with a dire bear from wild hives.  In the cave found in the redwoods, you can unpod one of those inside there and clean up all the chitin you will ever need.   If you got yourself a frog, you can use those to eat the flies and convert them instantly into cement paste.  I take one in behind my megatherium, then use on the big wad of flies off to the right side of the cave.

Archived