Char Problem-duped

hud

Char Problem-duped

I transfer from gen to rag, and after few days wanted to go on val to learn some engrams but when i click on transfer nothing happens.

WHen i get stuck on tranfer thing i cant do nothing more, so alt+F4 is only way out.  I realized my char got duped. 

So i spawned on gen again, went back on rag, game asked me do i want to overwrite mine char i did so, i got kicked from tribe and have been invited again to join tribe, but same thing, i cant leave rag again with this char.

Is there a any way to fix this. Only solution so far i that i use only one char for ragnarok and duped char for other maps, but tbh that aint mine thing

And yes, i m legacy so no support

Yea lol, many people would be happy if they had a duped char. It gives you no benefits on PVE servers other than being able to help yourself when you lose your char. 

IMO everyone should get a free duped char from Wildcard. How can that duped char help you cheat in PVE? I only see positive aspects and not a single negative thing that would influence the game balance or ruin anything on PVE.

In PVP you would clearly have some advantages but solely talking about PVE, give everyone a copy, so that people can help themselves instead of waiting 1-2 months for a lvl 105 char...

8 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

What I saw recommended by a moderator, is when you get that, to avoid the getting kicked part - Move the copy over to a server you do not use.  Then, log onto that server and create a new character.  This will delete the copy but preserve your spot in the tribe w/ your character.

That is my problem, i cant leave ragnarok, i wanted to erase him. I have one char which is stucked on rag, with sec one i can transfer, so i wanted  with sec one to erase first one, because of that i have come to ragnarok with him, i have erased him, but   that didnt solve problem, again i have one char on ragnarok and sec for all others server.

But what will hapen if i erase 2 char which can transfer, whould i be able to tranfer with char which is stucked on ragnarok than. Dk, or its best to leave as it is.

On 5/19/2020 at 4:23 AM, hud said:

That is my problem, i cant leave ragnarok, i wanted to erase him. I have one char which is stucked on rag, with sec one i can transfer, so i wanted  with sec one to erase first one, because of that i have come to ragnarok with him, i have erased him, but   that didnt solve problem, again i have one char on ragnarok and sec for all others server.

But what will hapen if i erase 2 char which can transfer, whould i be able to tranfer with char which is stucked on ragnarok than. Dk, or its best to leave as it is.

I believe the reason you can't transfer is because of the duplicated clothing / items. Drop those or put them in a vault and try again.

I've seen plenty of LUCKY A** people duplicating their characters by accident (Lucky backup... jees) and being able to move freely from server to server.

On 5/19/2020 at 3:23 AM, hud said:

The problem you are having is you are trying to transfer from a server while the dupe is in the cloud, that wont work. What you need to do is leave the server, and from the main menu join screen, join a different server that you do not currently have a character on and it will give you the option to download your duped character. Download it to that server and either leave it there or use it, either way at that point you can back out and go to your rag server and transfer your original character whereever you want.

I prefer to keep my dupes so I can work on multiple servers without having to transfer as much and without having to worry about imprints being for different characters since all the dupes will work for your imprinted dinos and will be already in your tribes across all your servers that your original character was from.

2 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

The problem you are having is you are trying to transfer from a server while the dupe is in the cloud, that wont work. What you need to do is leave the server, and from the main menu join screen, join a different server that you do not currently have a character on and it will give you the option to download your duped character. Download it to that server and either leave it there or use it, either way at that point you can back out and go to your rag server and transfer your original character whereever you want.

I prefer to keep my dupes so I can work on multiple servers without having to transfer as much and without having to worry about imprints being for different characters since all the dupes will work for your imprinted dinos and will be already in your tribes across all your servers that your original character was from.

Damn, I never thought about that. Will try later, working now. 

Archived