Confused on the next step of progression.

MrMangos1795

Confused on the next step of progression.

I’ve been playing ark for a few years and have always done the same thing,(put down a stone base and build up from there) but recently I decided to change my style a bit. Start on rag and get carrots(1), tame and horse and knock out a Pt(2), and tame a few high level argies(3). We just passed stage 3 and I’m feeling a bit stuck, knowing I’m going to need to spend three hours taming an anky with berries or getting Dinos for kibble for said anky. I’d say I have close to 700+ish hours in the game over several years but am never able to get to end game(breeding and large secure bases). 

There are a few things I have in mind but is there anything I can do to get myself more motivated for the tasks ahead. Ex. Tame a griffin or Raiding). 

Thanks for the help in advance. 

I would suggest step outside your comfort zone and try something you have not done previously. For example Wyvern taming if you have not previously grabbed the eggs, or deep sea exploration and taming, or go for the end game so getting the artifacts and trying a boss fight.  Alternatively if you try a modded game it can be like playing an entirely different game, so that could be an option, so many mods that you can keep trying different things. Perhaps try to rebuild one of the ruins on Ragnarok, like the castle? Just a few suggestions as I have no idea what you really like or enjoy.

I use to be like yourself get a few levels build up a stone base tame a few dinos then pretty much just lay back and do nothing else, then I decided after a while to aim for endgame content (Beating the bosses, Crafting Tek Tier Armor and Structures) going out my comfort zone and doing stuff I normally wouldn't do it added to the experience of playing Ark,

Also I'd give hardcore mode a try it's fun and a challenge in itself as one slip up and you have to start over with nothing but the feeling of beating a map with hardcore enabled makes you feel like you have achived something and is a proud moment,

Or as said above try adding some mods to the game to expand on the gameplay experience,

There are loads of things to choose from you just have to decide which is best for you.

The Island map has the best sense of progression, in my opinion.  The next step in progression would exploring the caves, finding the artifacts within, and then using those to summon bosses.  The ARK wiki site can provide a great introduction to pve progression.  

Get a pair of cave hunting dinos and breed them.  I recommend Baryonyx.  Great all around and a pack of them can do the underwater caves.

Archived