Xbox Series X/PS5 Ark update, or just a new ark game?

Otterpops

Xbox Series X/PS5 Ark update, or just a new ark game?

What do you guys think? 
I for one think ark will run smooth as butter and look great on this next generation of consoles. I’m wondering if WC will make a Lighting update with ray tracing and better shaders. Would help for when the sun is blindingly bright and make it look more realistic. I’m stoked for the consoles, with my preference being the Series X (I just have more games for Microsoft consoles.. PS4 for god of war IV and red dead 2, but might get pS5 If god of war 5 comes out with it, but much later) I built a PC for about 2 grand with RTX, and though it can do many thing a console can’t, the new consoles would blow my pc out of the water. I’d have to spend another 2 grand just to make it as good with water cooling and SLI bridging another 2080RTX and upgrading the cpu. 
Besides, if you saw the unreal engine 5 update, imagine if ark looked like that all the time, at min 60fps.

Not to crazy about the lighting effects myself, but Id just like a higher framerate. 60 fps in untouched areas on the map is absolutely beautiful.

I want to see that whenever Im over by my big base, not the 10-12 fps Im forced to endure when Im waiting on eggs, working on my work stations, tending to the garden....you can see the smooth gameplay turn to garbage...like a movie turned into a flip book. x.x

The dev team allotted to Ark seems pretty small and disorganized.  Most of the team has been assigned to Atlas.  Unfortunately, I don't think we should get our hopes up for anything in the manner of a major upgrade.  Especially when they don't seem to be able to handle bugs existing for years.  That being said, the new consoles will be a huge improvement by themselves.  The difference between Ark on an Xbox One X and a moderate PC are pretty amazing.  I had a hard time going back to console once I tried it.

4 hours ago, PertySlick said:

The dev team allotted to Ark seems pretty small and disorganized.  Most of the team has been assigned to Atlas.  Unfortunately, I don't think we should get our hopes up for anything in the manner of a major upgrade.  Especially when they don't seem to be able to handle bugs existing for years.  That being said, the new consoles will be a huge improvement by themselves.  The difference between Ark on an Xbox One X and a moderate PC are pretty amazing.  I had a hard time going back to console once I tried it.

I'm guessing one of the main reasons why ARk's life has been extended with more DLCs is because Atlas hasn't done anywhere near as well, so I can imagine resources were shifted back again to their largest money-maker Ark. For the new consoles, I expect a patch along the lines of PS Pro/X, with higher visual game settings that closely match PC high/ultra and more stable frame rates alas still locked at 30fps. Hardware accelerated ray tracing is highly unlikely as it's not as simple to implement as HDR was....as nice at that would be looking at the results in the Minecraft demo...but who knows...maybe it's easier than I think and they can pull a rabbit out the hat with it. 

Archived