Trees are gone

Litbelb

Trees are gone

So I've been playing Ark for about 5 days now, and suddenly, all of my trees and forests are just gone. There's no berry bushes and a spino that lives around my base is now gone. In fact, the only carnivores I've seen are a couple dilos and compys and pteranadons. Anybody know what this is about? I’m on pc, the island, single player.

Is your game run on Steam there is apparently a solution already on the forums from a previous discussion for the resource and Dino problem. This had a positive result for previous player with this issue.

• Exit Ark.
  • Right-click on Ark under the Library in Steam and select Properties.
  • Under the General tab click the Set launch options... button.
  • Enter -preventhibernation and click OK.
  • Close the game's Properties window and launch the game

Resources not respawning is a major bug of single player, it's been in the game since it first launched and has never been fixed, they even tried to claim it as a feature to stop players infinitely farming resources and having an advantage, in a single player mode, whereas in a competitive multiplayer mode you can infinitely farm resources ? truth is they can't even be bothered to try and fix it and just made some crappy excuse instead

Once you exit to main menu any resources that haven't respawned will be gone for good unless you mess around with your settings, set resource respawn and no resource respawn player radius to 0.01, start the game and go to the area you want to respawn then leave render distance, give it 5 minutes or so then go and check to see if everything has spawned back, save game and put the settings back to how you had them

It's a pain in the ass and if your PC is up to it it's less hassle to run a dedicated server and either password protect it or use exclusive join so random players can't connect

14 hours ago, RageQuitter said:

Resources not respawning is a major bug of single player, it's been in the game since it first launched and has never been fixed, they even tried to claim it as a feature to stop players infinitely farming resources and having an advantage, in a single player mode, whereas in a competitive multiplayer mode you can infinitely farm resources ? truth is they can't even be bothered to try and fix it and just made some crappy excuse instead

Once you exit to main menu any resources that haven't respawned will be gone for good unless you mess around with your settings, set resource respawn and no resource respawn player radius to 0.01, start the game and go to the area you want to respawn then leave render distance, give it 5 minutes or so then go and check to see if everything has spawned back, save game and put the settings back to how you had them

It's a pain in the ass and if your PC is up to it it's less hassle to run a dedicated server and either password protect it or use exclusive join so random players can't connect

Thanks for the help.

Archived