primitive plus Primitive Plus: What is the next step?

MoonSilver

Suggestion

Primitive Plus: What is the next step?

On March 29th, 2019 @Cedric created a weigh in discussion of the future of Primitive plus. 

On April 23rd, 2019 @VaultMan created a suggestion to implement the primitive plus features into the game. (currently with 134 upvotes as of 5/15/2020)

Now here we sit a year later with no further communication from Wildcard.

The suggested steps forward for the original conversation were as follows (these are taken from the original weigh in discussion) 

• Convert it to a Mod
    • Positives: Easier maintenance internally, Faster updates, no recurring bugs, faster loading
    • Negatives: Wipe would most likely be needed, potential functionality loss
  • Seek Free (It's what XBOX uses for loading)
    • Positives: Faster loading
    • Negatives: Susceptible to issues with total conversions (listed above)
  • Integrate it into the main game
    • Positives: It's no longer a separate DLC and enhances the existing primitive content
    • Negatives: It loses the specific mode
  • Let the community maintain it
    • Positives: The community can deem where it should go
    • Negatives: I'm sure there will be a lot of logistics to figure out the right way to get this done

Now I am new to the forum, and I really only joined to see what the plans were form Primitive Plus, and from what I can find... there are none. Which is I am now posting my first ever forum post. Just trying to figure out what is going on.

I have read through the two I have listed and have taken note of what had been suggested and have come up with the following option/updates to those listed above; 

• Option One: Convert it to a Mod
    • Positives: Easier maintenance internally, Faster updates, no recurring bugs, faster loading
    • Negatives: Wipe would most likely be needed, potential functionality loss
    • Additional Negative: Can not be used by Console and Crossplay servers.
  • Option Two: Seek Free (It's what XBOX uses for loading)
    • Positives: Faster loading
    • Negatives: Susceptible to issues with total conversions (listed above)
    • Additional Negative: May not be used by Console and Crossplay servers.
  • Option Three: Integrate it into the main game
    • Positives: It's no longer a separate DLC and enhances the existing primitive content
    • Additional Positives: As they would all be a part of the same version of the game, updates would effect all and any fixes needed would need to be applied to only one version as opposed to two. 
    • Additional Positives: Primitive Plus players would be able to use items from other maps that have not been updated into the Primitive Plus mode. 
    • Additional Positives: Primitive Plus players would be able to experience events along side other players. 
    • Additional Positives: Adds to the progression of the early game experience. 
    • Additional Positives: Adds to the cooking and farming of the game. 
    • Additional Positives: Adds to the building of the game  (additional styles)
    • Additional Positives: Adds to the decorations available in the game. 
    • Additional Positives: Adds new weapons and tools the game 
    • Additional Positives: No more broken kibble system. Fixes to vegetarian eaters with other options for taming beyond berries.
    • Negatives: It loses the specific mode
    • Negative Adjustment: Add a customization option to remove tek items from the game. This would allow players to continue to play without tek so the can still experience the primitive side of the game. 
    • Negative Adjustment: Would require a wipe of all current primitive items from the game. May be coordinated that anything that is a game standard may remain (standard building, creatures, saddles) and rebuilding would be necessary.
  • Option Four: Let the community maintain it
    • Positives: The community can deem where it should go
    • Negatives: I'm sure there will be a lot of logistics to figure out the right way to get this done
    • Quandary: Not sure how this one would work. It sounds like a mod set up, but that was described above and would have the same issues. 
  • Option Five: Leave it alone. 
    • Positives: It remains a completely separate game mode
    • Negatives: Updates may further break the mode, updates to in game items are non-existent, minimal working events, broken items in the mode not getting fixed, inability to saddle and use new creatures and items for newer maps

My preference would be to have the items added to the game (Option Three). And of what I have read, it seemed to be the most feasible options. 

And the crux of this suggestion is the following; (this is directed at Wildcard, but I would love to see where the discussion may go)

Put out a poll. Advertise it like mad and see what the players think. I think it would be interesting to see what the players would like. And then use that data to plan for the future of the mode.

Or

Announce the next step in the process (assuming you have one). Please let us know where you plan to take Primitive Plus so that those of us who play it will know where it is going. 

Please and Thank you.

3 replies to this server topic

Unfortunately, Wildcard rarely reads suggestions at all and because the posts are auto sorted on devices to most votes and the front page has 70 votes at the least, it will pretty much be impossible to get your post popular until Wildcard updates the Suggestions forum.

Luckily they may actually update it soon.

Archived