idea to buff rarely used tames up until the endgame

violetfox3113

idea to buff rare used tames up until the endgame

instead of doing tlcs and making creatures more viable for use or letting certain tames be all but useless by mid game. So I was thinking like the ferox transformation do you think it would be fun if say a sabertooth or direwolf once fully leveled and/or using craftable consumables to permanently transform into a form maybe with a new ability and stats comparable to frequently used tames in boss fights or pvp.

problem for most carnivores is there is no sweet veggie cake equivalent in game for them. Pick any herbivore dino that can reach 20k hp (I prefer 21k for reasons) and can be bred to do decent damage, and you have a boss dino. If there was an equivalent healing consumable ingame for carnivores, there's be boss wolves or Sabretooths being bred no doubt.

18 minutes ago, Swordguy said:

problem for most carnivores is there is no sweet veggie cake equivalent in game for them. Pick any herbivore dino that can reach 20k hp (I prefer 21k for reasons) and can be bred to do decent damage, and you have a boss dino. If there was an equivalent healing consumable ingame for carnivores, there's be boss wolves or Sabretooths being bred no doubt.

I believe that carnivores will eat the sweet veggie cakes if they are injured. 

Not all dinos need to be able to kill bosses. Wolves and such have their place as do rexes. It would be nice to have a few more options for killing bosses. 

Or rather it’s people just trading for “boss” rexes and such without putting in the time to breed up lines. Sure rexes are easier to get to boss stats, eggs nowadays are hatching above what is required to kill bosses. If that amount of work breeding went into weaker dinos they would still be able to kill bosses, but not many breed other dinos to the extremes as Rex’s gigas theris rhinos and so on.

Go breed up something different to the extremes that people do with other boss killing dinos and see how it goes. Boss Chalicotheriums do I hear? ??

And about potions for transforming dinos, well there are mods that do that, can’t name any myself, as console peasant, but someone else might know. 

Archived