The Story of Ark (Refreshed)

Hi all,

I have decided to remake my old theory from 2 years ago since it was made before extinction. Please post anything you notice is wrong about this theory or any feedback in the comments because I'm sure lots of things are wrong.

The Base Story:

So, in the first game we spawn on an  island with three high-tech looking obelisks and random supply crates falling out of the sky it soon becomes clear that the island can't be natural and after you defeat the bosses you can go in the control centre. You see what appears to be humans, dinosaurs and supply drops being put on the island. You also look upon the island, a dead Earth and lots of other Arks through the window. After a while you fight the Overseer and go to scorched earth. Now the console in the control centre was written in a different language but it was no created my aliens which was officially stated by Wild Card on twitter (well not stated but it was a pretty obvious hint). So, in scorched earth it's again the same story, you survive, fight the manticore boss and then go to Abberation. 

You survive yet again through abboreration but this time, the ark is damaged. According to the explorer notes, a tribe of survivors with tech equipment detonated a tech nuke inside the control centre of aberration. You survive in the caves because the shield does not work to protect the ark from solar radiation and at some point you fight the boss, Sir Edumund Rockwell who was an author of the explorer notes who had injected himself with element and turned into a mutated beast. After you defeat him you ascend to Earth and speed past other Arks and see a destroyed moon. The moon being destroyed was one of two single most important parts of why the arks were created. When we go to earth we appear in an artificial environment that is obviously quite old since the shield fails moments after you get there which suggests a maybe temporary loss of power after it used some energy to materialise you the player. As soon as the shield dissapears you see a burned planet with fire. (Then Extinction happens but ill go into that in the theory) 

The Theory:

First thing to note here is that the moon is destroyed. This makes complete sense since at the end of abberation you see a lava planet but in extinction you see an ice planet. If the moon was destroyed it would mess up the Earth's gravity (thus the compass in the extinction trailer btw)  and one side of the earth would be on fire and the other would be very cold.

Now this story happens maybe thousands of years into the future when mankind discover a new material from space, element. They start replacing all of their technology with element and even started to make biological weapons of war, the titans although some are a bit sceptical of this technology and how safe it was. This completely backfires when, they start replacing their planetary defences, satellites and sensors. A meteor they didn't detect smashes into the earth and destroys the moon, altering the planetary rotation and turning the planet into half hell and half ice. To make matters worse most of the waste from their element technology started to infect the land. With all this chaos there was only one thing to do. Another earth-like planet had not been found so they ripped up land and using the new element technology they managed to create safe artificial environments for the best minds and warriors of humanity to inhabit.

Their consciousnesses were inserted into a gem that was inserted into every one of the new homo deus bodies. A few of the homo sapiens did oversee the arks in the first years and they used many of the holograms like the ones we see in aborretion to keep track of their species and that of the homo deus. The military assets created for war from element had gotten loose in the chaos and the humans didn't have the military capabilities to kill them. They configured the arks to let humans to teleport between them and when they were considered worthy they would go down to the earth and try their best to get rid of the titan creatures. When the arks detected that the titans were all gone they would all land at the same time and drain the element.

There was nothing they could do about the moon being destroyed but they could go and try to repopulate the planet. Eventually the homo sapiens had to accept their species was dying out and they were going to all die before one or more of the homo deus passed the test, got down to planet earth and killed the titans.

They created the overseers which were semi-mechanical biological creatures which had instructions to keep the arks operational and the humans alive. Dinosaurs were chosen because they were tough and they would pose a huge challenge to survivors and help the chances they could kill the titans. There were a lot more predators on the island for this reason.

However if they detected advanced technology and that someone had discovered element they would destroy it, the last thing they needed was the arks getting corrupted too. When the survivors destroyed the control room in aberration the overseer was killed and he could no longer stop the corruption. It corrupted the land and the ark lost it's protective shield which protected the ark from radiation.

You the player managed to get through a lot of arks and got down to earth. When you killed all the titans you and Helena Walker (author of the survival notes) watch the arks descend and start purging the element from the earth. With their survival skills in different environments, the people of the arks would know how to adapt to the messed up conditions on earth.  The overseers most likely deactivated themselves or died at this moment because their purpose was complete. The arks were deactivated after their purpose and the cleansing was complete and humanity got a fresh start on the earth, having enough survival skills to be able to live on this ruined planet and rebuild a once great civilisation. Sadly, the aberration ark cant land properly and it breaks apart as soon as it lands probably killing everyone on it and all the creatures, probably for the better. In time this ark was also purified of element by the other arks. At the end of the cutscene we hear the distinctive roar of Rockwell, who will stop at nothing to cause more chaos. We don't know if the arks are powerful enough to cleanse the element from rockwell but if they are not then he will most likely return. The ark most likely respawned him like it respawns the player character.  (This really isn't important and obvious but I find it so cool that the rebuilding program on earth scans our gem thing on our arm and identifies who we are and what ark we came from lol).

Final thing i wanted to touch upon is Ark: Genesis. Rockwell has returned, he hacked into the simulation and started corrupting the humans. He then grabbed you with a tenticle at the end. We know almost nothing about genisis but ill keep an eye on this and make a theory about it when part 2 comes out.

Thank you very much for reading, please give me feedback and tell me if there is anything wrong with this theory or if I've overlooked anything!

Edit: When you see the flashing red light in the first game around the island ark on the hologram indicating the overseer is dead you do not see that aberrations overseer is also dead because the ark thinks rockwell is the overseer thus the hologram and the flashing red light we see around aberration's ark when we kill rockwell. It makes sense because both rockwell and the overseers are (in my opinion) biological creatures which have been very extensively modified by element.

• 1 month later...
On 5/15/2020 at 6:57 AM, TheVoidCraft said:

The Story of Ark (Refreshed)

Hi all,

I have decided to remake my old theory from 2 years ago since it was made before extinction. Please post anything you notice is wrong about this theory or any feedback in the comments because I'm sure lots of things are wrong.

The Base Story:

So, in the first game we spawn on an  island with three high-tech looking obelisks and random supply crates falling out of the sky it soon becomes clear that the island can't be natural and after you defeat the bosses you can go in the control centre. You see what appears to be humans, dinosaurs and supply drops being put on the island. You also look upon the island, a dead Earth and lots of other Arks through the window. After a while you fight the Overseer and go to scorched earth. Now the console in the control centre was written in a different language but it was no created my aliens which was officially stated by Wild Card on twitter (well not stated but it was a pretty obvious hint). So, in scorched earth it's again the same story, you survive, fight the manticore boss and then go to Abberation. 

You survive yet again through abboreration but this time, the ark is damaged. According to the explorer notes, a tribe of survivors with tech equipment detonated a tech nuke inside the control centre of aberration. You survive in the caves because the shield does not work to protect the ark from solar radiation and at some point you fight the boss, Sir Edumund Rockwell who was an author of the explorer notes who had injected himself with element and turned into a mutated beast. After you defeat him you ascend to Earth and speed past other Arks and see a destroyed moon. The moon being destroyed was one of two single most important parts of why the arks were created. When we go to earth we appear in an artificial environment that is obviously quite old since the shield fails moments after you get there which suggests a maybe temporary loss of power after it used some energy to materialise you the player. As soon as the shield dissapears you see a burned planet with fire. (Then Extinction happens but ill go into that in the theory) 

The Theory:

First thing to note here is that the moon is destroyed. This makes complete sense since at the end of abberation you see a lava planet but in extinction you see an ice planet. If the moon was destroyed it would mess up the Earth's gravity (thus the compass in the extinction trailer btw)  and one side of the earth would be on fire and the other would be very cold.

Now this story happens maybe thousands of years into the future when mankind discover a new material from space, element. They start replacing all of their technology with element and even started to make biological weapons of war, the titans although some are a bit sceptical of this technology and how safe it was. This completely backfires when, they start replacing their planetary defences, satellites and sensors. A meteor they didn't detect smashes into the earth and destroys the moon, altering the planetary rotation and turning the planet into half hell and half ice. To make matters worse most of the waste from their element technology started to infect the land. With all this chaos there was only one thing to do. Another earth-like planet had not been found so they ripped up land and using the new element technology they managed to create safe artificial environments for the best minds and warriors of humanity to inhabit.

Nah man I think aliens had something to do with the story.  Like blowing up the moon 

oh and humans put dinosaurs on the arks because they would “evolve” back to birds and stuff 

My main questions about the story:

1. Were drops always a thing? Surely someone would have mentioned them at some point in the notes. Did Helena add them to help us beat the arks and fight the corruption?

2. Are The Center, Ragnarok, Valguero, and Crystal Isles cannon? Do they exist, but Helena never intended for us to go there, or are they just somewhere we're able to go because ark is a game and said maps are interesting to explore?

3. What happened between Genesis Part 1 and Extinction? How exactly did Rockwell get our survivor (and many others) into the simulation? 

4. How can we transfer things in and out of Genesis, if it's a simulation? The obelisks and terminals are all connected, but how can a simulated dino go to a physical ark?

The center,ragnarok,valguero and crystal isles are modded maps,no cannon(no explorer notes/dinos)

In scorched earth,a genesis note say the magmasaur was tested in that ark but was removed and in aberration helena find the chamber with specimens(animals and humans),maybe the ark system have all this genesis dinos dna and can put in physhycal world

We see in overseer arena island  and scorched earth arks,so,exist aberration arks without the obelisk destroyed?is a  island map with the cave sistem or look like valguero?

4 hours ago, Thekuervito said:

The center,ragnarok,valguero and crystal isles are modded maps,no cannon(no explorer notes/dinos)

In scorched earth,a genesis note say the magmasaur was tested in that ark but was removed and in aberration helena find the chamber with specimens(animals and humans),maybe the ark system have all this genesis dinos dna and can put in physhycal world

We see in overseer arena island  and scorched earth arks,so,exist aberration arks without the obelisk destroyed?is a  island map with the cave sistem or look like valguero?

I know we don't find notes from anyone, and they aren't somewhere our survivor is supposed to go, but I'm asking if they exist in the ark universe at all. Were they some of the many arks that landed on earth?

On 7/13/2020 at 7:06 PM, DodoRaptor said:

I know we don't find notes from anyone, and they aren't somewhere our survivor is supposed to go, but I'm asking if they exist in the ark universe at all. Were they some of the many arks that landed on earth?

I think that they would have landed but it just doesn’t mention it lol.   Is the second genesis sim supposed to be on earth after the arks land? That would be cool 

17 hours ago, DodoRaptor said:

The managarmr dossier mentions the existence of ice wyverns so Helena knows they exist, but does say they live in the desert. Helena makes no mentions of them in her SE notes from what I remember. Probably just a mistake on the writers part but fun to theorize about.

2 minutes ago, Thyme said:

The managarmr dossier mentions the existence of ice wyverns so Helena knows they exist, but does say they live in the desert. Helena makes no mentions of them in her SE notes from what I remember. Probably just a mistake on the writers part but fun to theorize about.

I heard the interesting theory that Valguero is the undamaged Aberration. That's why she knows about ice wyverns, and rock drakes are evolved deinochuys. Of course that would mean she's wrong about their relation to wyverns.

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2020 at 4:22 PM, Bigchingus7890 said:

Nah man I think aliens had something to do with the story.  Like blowing up the moon 

oh and humans put dinosaurs on the arks because they would “evolve” back to birds and stuff 

Humans definitely got into a massive war with something, this can either be aliens or themselves. One of Helena's theories that i missed originally is that the ARK's repaired the atmosphere if it was damaged. Also she mentions that earth's rotations might be irregular so I believe this was caused by the Moon being destroyed and that the ARK's also slowly corrected this somehow, although the technology used for this would be far beyond even the element we've seen on earth. Its clear now that humans entered a large scale war where they used element based missiles, resulting in the apocalyptic earth and the ARK's being built to preserve humanity and the finest scholars and warriors it had to offer. The element from humanities war was the thing that sped up the element poisoning the ground because in the Santiago explorer notes its mentioned that regular civilians using element would only pollute very little but that this process could be sped up. Titans at this point could either be weapons of war or highly mutated animals that just mutated that way. Its unclear who humanity were fighting against but if aliens attacked i doubt they would leave humanity alive in the ARK's where they would be vulnerable to attacks. Its also unclear what the Overseers are, alien or man made? Its also unclear how much time has passed since the TECH war that left the Earth in this state. I think we can assume that if aliens attacked Earth they were destroyed but at a great cost. What we do know is that the ARK's were designed and built by humans due to the "Reseed Protocol" programmed in each ARK where it would scan the Earth for the right conditions  then send the ARK's down to purge the element byproduct of the war.

PS: I'm not sure about the "Evolving back into birds" part about the dinosaurs surely they could just clone birds if they wanted to? I think dinosaurs were chosen as a creature to toughen up the survivors and to preserve ancient Earth evolution.

19 hours ago, TheVoidCraft said:

Humans definitely got into a massive war with something, this can either be aliens or themselves. One of Helena's theories that i missed originally is that the ARK's repaired the atmosphere if it was damaged. Also she mentions that earth's rotations might be irregular so I believe this was caused by the Moon being destroyed and that the ARK's also slowly corrected this somehow, although the technology used for this would be far beyond even the element we've seen on earth. Its clear now that humans entered a large scale war where they used element based missiles, resulting in the apocalyptic earth and the ARK's being built to preserve humanity and the finest scholars and warriors it had to offer. The element from humanities war was the thing that sped up the element poisoning the ground because in the Santiago explorer notes its mentioned that regular civilians using element would only pollute very little but that this process could be sped up. Titans at this point could either be weapons of war or highly mutated animals that just mutated that way. Its unclear who humanity were fighting against but if aliens attacked i doubt they would leave humanity alive in the ARK's where they would be vulnerable to attacks. Its also unclear what the Overseers are, alien or man made? Its also unclear how much time has passed since the TECH war that left the Earth in this state. I think we can assume that if aliens attacked Earth they were destroyed but at a great cost. What we do know is that the ARK's were designed and built by humans due to the "Reseed Protocol" programmed in each ARK where it would scan the Earth for the right conditions  then send the ARK's down to purge the element byproduct of the war.

PS: I'm not sure about the "Evolving back into birds" part about the dinosaurs surely they could just clone birds if they wanted to? I think dinosaurs were chosen as a creature to toughen up the survivors and to preserve ancient Earth evolution.

The war was between the URE and the Terran Federation. Personally, I doubt the moon being blown up was supposed to be very significant, I think the devs just added it because it looked cool and "apocalypse-y," not planning on the community taking it so seriously. The OP's entire theory revolves around the moon being blown up, something not mentioned as significant in any cutscene or note. Earth's orbit is messed up because it's surrounded by hundreds of arks, at least that's what Helena says. On a different note, I think the fact that humanity got access to a powerful, highly-advanced material, and promptly began going to war, killing each other, and creating tons of lethal pollution that would go on to destroy the world, says a lot about humans.

But what about the ice and fire on the planet, it makes sense the moon being destroyed caused that. If anything the arks are stabalising the earth because if the moon would be straight up blown up the earth would be completely uninhabitable. Helana theories that the arks are repairing the atmosphere in one of the explorer notes maybe they are doing more then that and stabalising the earth's rotations somewhat which Helana also mentions as a theory for the earth's condition. Where does Helena say the Arks caused the rotations to become irregular? 

Archived