Crossbow VS Longneck

darcek

1 hour ago, GerBear said:

Crossbow for sure since at 336.1% it is dealing more damage than your primitive longneck.  It should be doing about 319 damage a hit compared to your primitive longneck's 280 damage. Plus if you are using it against dinos it will not have a damage reduction.

Think your talking about PVP.

I was thinking about taming. Still need answer on that as its two diffrent things.

My goal isnt to kill dinos or humans but to put them to sleep for taming.

I believe a Toxin dart on the basic longneck is still the more efficient way even compared to that crossbow because it does near 5 times the instant torpor of a regular crossbow, so even a 3 times better crossbow probably won't be as good (even if the 20% damage reduction applies to it)...plus damage the tame far less

1 hour ago, KingOfAshes said:

I believe a Toxin dart on the basic longneck is still the more efficient way even compared to that crossbow because it does near 5 times the instant torpor of a regular crossbow, so even a 3 times better crossbow probably won't be as good (even if the 20% damage reduction applies to it)...plus damage the tame far less

Not really,  on a lvl 140 doed it would take 13 arrows with that bow vs.  17 toxin darts. With. Primitive longneck.  And tranq arrows show up in your inventory free from killing stuff and don’t spoil.

4 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

Not really,  on a lvl 140 doed it would take 13 arrows with that bow vs.  17 toxin darts. With. Primitive longneck.  And tranq arrows show up in your inventory free from killing stuff and don’t spoil.

Yea I tried the crossbow and its really awsome..few darts for levels lower then 100,was able to take even a X-REX without trapping it ?

Archived