What to breed?

ArkLover7891

What to breed?

Hello, I have recently found a decent PvE server. After seeing everyone else’s dinos, I have decided I want to start breeding. I was wondering what a good Dino to breed was. I have been playing this game for a couple of weeks, and have raised an argy. Granted, I did not incubate the egg. Does anyone have any suggestion for good dinos to breed?

Thanks in advance!

For me personally these would be my breeding reasons.

Argy for the distance flying and weight, owls also are great fast flyers.

Rexes for bosses, megatheriums for bosses.

If other bears were intended in the list above then I couldn't say as I haven't used them in over 3 years. 

Thylas for quick land travel and melee once I have a great breeding pair I use mine for everything.

It's personal choice though how you prefer to play. Popularity for an animal shouldn't matter as long as you are happy using them.

22 minutes ago, ArkLover7891 said:

I do like purlovias. I am worried, however, that breeding them would prove useless.

Purovias have very little use in PvE, so breeding wouldn't be a wise investment. If you're still in early game and aren't at the point of perfecting stats, breeding things like argents, pteras, or procoptodons are great just to get more of them. Rexes, theris, and gigas are all very popular late game among many more, but you can likely already find well bred ones available for trade. You can look to see what other dinos people haven't capitalized on yet so you have something unique, I found deinonychus weren't being bred much despite their amazing strength.

2 minutes ago, Thyme said:

Purovias have very little use in PvE, so breeding wouldn't be a wise investment. If you're still in early game and aren't at the point of perfecting stats, breeding things like argents, pteras, or procoptodons are great just to get more of them. Rexes, theris, and gigas are all very popular late game among many more, but cant likely already find well bred ones available. You can look to see what other dinos people haven't capitalized on yet so you have something nice to trade, I found deinonychus weren't being bred much despite their amazing strength.

I see now what the popularity was mentioned for, for some reason trading didn't occur to me. 

20 minutes ago, ArkLover7891 said:

As the people above have said, I want to try breeding a Dino who hasn’t been bred much before. However, they are still very useful. This is because I would like to trade them sometimes. If anyone has any suggestions for rarely bred, but still great dinos, please reply.

Bears are good. Compact, powerful, unique running speed.

Allos are also good.

2 hours ago, ArkLover7891 said:

As the people above have said, I want to try breeding a Dino who hasn’t been bred much before. However, they are still very useful. This is because I would like to trade them sometimes. If anyone has any suggestions for rarely bred, but still great dinos, please reply.

Daeodons, Deinonychus, and Yutys are all extremley useful for boss fights but aren't as commonly bred. They're reasonably strong outside boss fights as well, the daeodon is a nice small mount (I prefer it over bears/thylas), Yuty is great for osds on extinction, and the deinon's bleed is powerful against any dino. Gasbags and procoptodons are great for weight, and gasbags even have some use for sponging damage (titan fights notably).  

Personally I breed what ever I want to breed.  For me breeding is fun on it’s own and on pve servers non breed  dinos can still destroy wild dinos. I have a non breed lvl 202 argentavis and it destroys wild dinos, if your looking for colors just breed what dino you want to look cool. This is probably an unpopular opinion but this is how I breed on pve.

8 hours ago, ArkLover7891 said:

Wyverns, rockdrakes, magmasuars....

Archived