genesis Transfers Question

ElmoTheFrog

lmao.. don't bother asking that question. it has NEVER gone live on time when transfers open up. Your best bet is to wait until the 16th.  The first day is always rough for any patch or change of this nature. The most  likely scenario is that its going to be super late at night around 10pm EST, but its all speculation and never works the way its supposed to at first.

there will be a patch most likely, wildcard has not been the best with meeting deadlines so they have opted to just say a day rather than a time. tbh transferring dinos on day 1 transfer date can be a risky business anyhow. my advice put dinos in pods in ark data and pull a few out just before server time. if you just transfer a large amount of dinos on your person all at once your playing a dangerous game.

23 minutes ago, Seruum said:

there will be a patch most likely, wildcard has not been the best with meeting deadlines so they have opted to just say a day rather than a time. tbh transferring dinos on day 1 transfer date can be a risky business anyhow. my advice put dinos in pods in ark data and pull a few out just before server time. if you just transfer a large amount of dinos on your person all at once your playing a dangerous game.

Good advice. especially because if lots of people are downloading dinos, a server may crash and poof... goodbye dinos that were just downloaded.

In other words you got several ways to handle the loss of confidence after a patch or transfer enable.

1. Dip a toe in the water and see if anything stirs underneath the surface.

2. Dangle your feet in the water and if there is something you lose your feet.

3. Jump full in, get eaten.

Alternatively;

4. Shove your friend/tribemate in and see if they get eaten then transfer if it's safe. :D

Its not just loss of confidence regarding bug ridden patches, its the transfer system in general. In the past three weeks i've had 3 tribemates lose characters while transferring because box tribes on two of our servers are intentionally crashing it in order to dupe stuff. I know this because i keep battlemetrics open in my web browser and there are 2-3 players on each of those two servers that ALWAYS login together then two of them leave just prior to crashing it. They even brag about doing it, not knowing some of us have installed a language pack to show the characters instead of boxes, and google translate for iphone uses the camera to view the screen, and it replaces the characters with English.

So basically if you login just prior to them crashing the server, you lose your character.

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 10:12 AM, Rio4201 said:

lmao.. don't bother asking that question. it has NEVER gone live on time when transfers open up. Your best bet is to wait until the 16th.  The first day is always rough for any patch or change of this nature. The most  likely scenario is that its going to be super late at night around 10pm EST, but its all speculation and never works the way its supposed to at first.

This is the truth, 5 year's of playing an NEVER has anything been on time,  kinda funny really cause at the start they put great stress on the time stuff would happen. Now it's just some time on this day... mabey :P

Archived