Question About Item Transferring

oflow

Question About Item Transferring

I have multiple characters on PVE official servers on different maps.

I can transfer to other maps and back no problem on all the characters.

I read that item transfers are account bound so I should be able to upload items from one character and download it with a different character as long as they are on the same account.

But I am unable to do this for some reason. 

I am uploading the items in the ark data tab at an obelisk and they show a 24 hour timer after they are uploaded. I’m uploading standard items like wood, tools, etc. no element or stuff that can’t be transferred. 

I can remove the items back to the character that uploads them no problem.

But if I log onto another character after uploading items to ark data  and goto the obelisk the uploaded items are not showing up in the obelisk on my other character.

i have two main theories as to what’s causing this and wanted to know if what I think is true.

First  theory is that it’s doing this with one of my characters because its on the Genesis map and transfers haven’t started yet. I’m trying to send items off the Genesis  server though and I’ve seen other people with Genesis dinos in other maps so I kind of don’t think this is the issue.

My second theory is that my characters arent on clustered servers. I thought all the official servers of the same type (pve) were clustered, but maybe I’m wrong?

The reason I’m thinking this is because some of my characters are on standard pve servers and some are on pve crossplay servers.

I can transfer characters between crossplay and non crossplay servers no problem, but maybe items don’t transfer between these?

Other than this the only thing I can think of it’s bugging maybe?

Any responses greatly appreciated.

There is a few different clusters in the PVE official,  there's the fresh servers, those are brand new and don't let transfers in yet, those open on the 15th for PC, not sure on console.   There's beginner servers, those don't let you bring things in, only out.  There's genesis and yes, you can go out but not in.  THere's legacy , those are servers that were running before the official launch and do not allow transfers in from other official pve servers.

I'm not sure on all the naming conventions - but Legacy servers should have legacy in the names, and the fresh servers are easy to spot by the days listed in the server screen. Older servers will have high #s of days and the fresh ones will have distinctly lower #s for days.

Yeah I don’t think any of the servers I’m on are legacy and they aren’t beginner either. The genesis server was new but they all where new at launch.

i have four different characters though one on SE, one on Abb, one on Val and One on Genesis.

they all say Na pve official server # in the name.

Only one that’s different the  SE says NA crossplay pve server #

im thinking maybe the crossplay servers aren’t clustered with the non crossplay ones maybe?

it’s weird though because I can transfer characters to crossplay servers and back no problem I just can’t see any items I upload on other characters.

Archived