TheArkholic

Suggestion

17 replies to this server topic

On 5/12/2020 at 7:36 PM, Dinobros2000 said:
On 5/12/2020 at 7:36 PM, Dinobros2000 said:

I think I’d be cool to have like offical mods they were automatically on the sidebar and were PART of the game.... and that the mods are still owned by their creators and WC has to approve any changes and modder has to approve any changes by WC...

13 hours ago, SapphireSam7 said:

Would I like to see it happen? Yes. 

Do other games have mods you can use on their games for console? Yes. 

Do I see it happening for Ark? Absolutely not. 

This isn't the first time this has been suggested, nor do I believe it will be the last. I mean, who wouldn't want to have at least some of the extra's that PC has available for console play? There are several mods out there that make sense. That add to the life of the game, that add interest to it. The building mods alone, form EcoMods and others, would be amazing to play around with since the Developers have decided to nearly completely ignore that portion of the game since Scorched Earth with Adobe building. 

So getting Ark mods for console? YES! 

The likelihood of that happening, no. The dreamer part of me hopes, the realist side says that having it as a dream is the best we will get.

Not only would they most likely need to be re-worked to a degree to fit each system, but they would have to be re-certified every time an adjustment was needed to fit any Official changes and influences the developers may make for the game itself.  

And @Aylana314159is right, if they were to start taking on the mods themselves, just like with the game mode Primitive Plus and even the official mod maps that have started cracking since being added, they would most likely start to fall apart at the seems. Wildcard is more likely to care for and upkeep their own items, but once release - there is a limited window of time for which they will support new additions before abandoning them for "bigger and better" things. Sure they may passively make changes to make the playable to the slightest degree, but they do not upkeep them properly. 

That said, if they did decide to up their game and add "Mod Packs" approved for console use. I would be one of the first in line to try them out. Purchasable or not, I am ready for something new to play-around with. The maps are nice, don't get me wrong, but a map is merely that - a map. And once explored you are right back where you were, using the same stuff you have always used with a handful of holiday skins. 

To conclude, I will upvote the idea because this is a suggestion, and like the idea behind it. I honestly don't think there is a chance it will happen, but I like the idea none-the-less. 

On 5/13/2020 at 7:35 PM, Dinobros2000 said:

Yearish.

guys i dont know how quoting works 

in response to dinobros2000 ive been playing ark since moblie came out (i dont realy play moble because i now play ps4 )

Would I like to see it happen? Yes. 

Do other games have mods you can use on their games for console? Yes. 

Do I see it happening for Ark? Absolutely not. 

This isn't the first time this has been suggested, nor do I believe it will be the last. I mean, who wouldn't want to have at least some of the extra's that PC has available for console play? There are several mods out there that make sense. That add to the life of the game, that add interest to it. The building mods alone, form EcoMods and others, would be amazing to play around with since the Developers have decided to nearly completely ignore that portion of the game since Scorched Earth with Adobe building. 

So getting Ark mods for console? YES! 

The likelihood of that happening, no. The dreamer part of me hopes, the realist side says that having it as a dream is the best we will get.

Not only would they most likely need to be re-worked to a degree to fit each system, but they would have to be re-certified every time an adjustment was needed to fit any Official changes and influences the developers may make for the game itself.  

And @Aylana314159is right, if they were to start taking on the mods themselves, just like with the game mode Primitive Plus and even the official mod maps that have started cracking since being added, they would most likely start to fall apart at the seems. Wildcard is more likely to care for and upkeep their own items, but once release - there is a limited window of time for which they will support new additions before abandoning them for "bigger and better" things. Sure they may passively make changes to make the playable to the slightest degree, but they do not upkeep them properly. 

That said, if they did decide to up their game and add "Mod Packs" approved for console use. I would be one of the first in line to try them out. Purchasable or not, I am ready for something new to play-around with. The maps are nice, don't get me wrong, but a map is merely that - a map. And once explored you are right back where you were, using the same stuff you have always used with a handful of holiday skins. 

To conclude, I will upvote the idea because this is a suggestion, and like the idea behind it. I honestly don't think there is a chance it will happen, but I like the idea none-the-less. 

1 hour ago, Dinobros2000 said:

I think I’d be cool to have like offical mods they were automatically on the sidebar and were PART of the game.... and that the mods are still owned by their creators and WC has to approve any changes and modder has to approve any changes by WC...

Console updates has to go through certification process by Microsoft and Sony. There is no way for this to work with mods.

Archived