troodon Suggested Night Length for Taming Troodons

Suggested Night Length for Taming Troodons

Hi

On my server I currently have the night length multiplier at 0.75, which gives me night lengths of about 26 minutes (my days are about 4.5 hours long).

I have had a request from a player for me to increase the length of the nights as he is finding 26 minutes too short a night to tame troodons.

I guess one answer would be to increase the speed of taming. My taming speed multiplier is currently set at x 4.0, so I'd rather not increase this value as I don't want taming to be too easy. I'd acquiesce to x5.0 at the most.

My question is, what length of night would you suggest I allow for players to tame troodons? bearing in mind my taming speed multiplier setting. And what multiplier value would I need to set that suggested night length?

I understand that the time it takes to tame a wild dino depends on its current level. My wild dinos spawn up to level 150 (180 for tek). I don't want to make my nights too long, but I do want players to be able to tame troodons.

Would vary much appreciate any advice.

Many thanks.

2 minutes ago, Teundedreun said:

...I would say  26 minutes is more then enough.  Waiting 4,5 hours for it to become night might be a bit to long but its not like you go and tame them every day.  

I too think 26 minutes is enough, and I don't really want to make the nights too much longer, if any.  It might just be a case of the player needs to be a bit more diligent.  I thought that you could tame them during the day, but that it just takes longer.  

Archived