Why is it so difficult to find a decent leveled creature on the island

Tuophysis

Why is it so difficult to find a decent leveled creature on the island

I have recently started to play the island again but it's so difficult to find a decent levelled creature. At the moment I'm just killing everything but it's so inefficient

I have max difficulty enabled and a difficulty offset of 1. Any tips to help find higher levels apart from this

It's just the way the official maps are, lower levels are weighted more heavily than higher ones, if you're on PC you can use a mod called Equalised Dino Levels which gives the same chance of all levels spawning or there's some .ini files for all official maps

https://old.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/bbrrul/updated_level_equalizer/

I've not tried these so can't vouch for them, I use a plugin on my server but it's no good for single player, if you're on console then there's not much you can do

i seem to find alot of low levels no matter what map i go on to be honest, island, se, ab, ext, rag, val, gen, doesn't seem to matter what map, and usually when i do find some nice high levels (145-150) its usually when im not looking for them.  Nothing like going out on foot and suddenly find yourself running from a 150 rex ;)

1 hour ago, caleb68 said:

i seem to find alot of low levels no matter what map i go on to be honest, island, se, ab, ext, rag, val, gen, doesn't seem to matter what map, and usually when i do find some nice high levels (145-150) its usually when im not looking for them.  Nothing like going out on foot and suddenly find yourself running from a 150 rex ;)

All the mod maps have higher base level weight than officials.

rSHUHEq.png?width=884&height=703

compare that to island 

GIC4F0ch.jpg

Official has had nonstop breeding event which means meat runs.  I always leave 150's alone esp rex or argi.  But on a meat run I'm gonna clear the field asap and there can be accidents.  Guessing everyone else same.  TheIsland is bad map for 150's.  And in chat everyone is talking afraid to map jump on chance loosing character.

Level probability is intact from the beginning if I'm not mistaking.
Rates went up, some dinos had TLCs, DLCs offer low effort rare materials. You can say game becomes a bit easier with time passing and level distribution might look even worse now on contrast. Toughest parts of the map with level 15 dinos wandering around always felt weird to me.

1 hour ago, deedoubleu said:

Level probability is intact from the beginning if I'm not mistaking.
Rates went up, some dinos had TLCs, DLCs offer low effort rare materials. You can say game becomes a bit easier with time passing and level distribution might look even worse now on contrast. Toughest parts of the map with level 15 dinos wandering around always felt weird to me.

Yeah it really, really does feel odd. It's also strange that it doesn't scale with your level as well

Archived