I LOST HOPE. Worst Developers I've ever met in any game.

sps

21 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

A developer develops things, they don’t fix them, that’s the bug fixers job, WC needs to hire like 5 more bug fixers.... and the devs are doing their job, developing... new stuff, like maps and creature, I’m not gonna say the devs need to work on bugs cus that’s not their job, and the bug fixes are fixing bugs there’s just not enough of them....

21 hours ago, parazight said:

Really?  How many developers have you actually met?  In how many different games?  Name them.  I'm guessing none.  You want server support?  Go find a game with a subscription plan.  Those games have the resources to staff and maintain servers.   I'm willing to bet your PVE server is absolutely crowded with ridiculous bases, probably hogging incredible amounts of server resources.  You think the Unreal Engine 4 was designed to handle all of this, including the server architecture issues?  HA!   How many of the problems in ARK are engine related?  How many identical issues can you see in other Unreal 4 games?  Take a guess.  Then hazard a guess as to how many people use the Unreal 4 engine in their games without fully mastering the code.  The problems you face are non-existent on single player.

Free servers.  How is a company able to employ people to police servers when said servers generate no money?

Of course the developers don't respond.  Would you?  Why subject yourself to such nonsense.

The devs deloped the servers, not bug fixing people. They developed their servers without any insights for the future. At least they should've reduced the total number of structures and tames/tribe when most of their servers started turning to poophole. Yet they watched the whole things happen and now just abandoning thousands of tickets we submitted (1 ticket/day by 1 person)

11 minutes ago, sps said:

@Dinobros2000 @parazight @Aylana314159

So you guys are saying that i should abandon my 2000+ hours of work and start playing single player/unofficial. Any idea how much work i put into mutations?

Hosting non-dedicated makes my game <5fps. its not an option. I tried that. I play on medium settings and have 45fps.

So I can now see the reason, YOUR PLAYING ON HIGH SETTING! You get 45 FPS ! Change to low settings and just put the textures to high and it still looks great! I get 20> FPS with every thing at lowest except textures at medium, your playing with high or epic settings and ark is just too complex off a game for you too have that on your current computer....

7 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

It's your choice, continue being attached to your pixels even though it sounds like you aren't having fun, or try something else.

You can always just maintain what you have on official while trying other options.

Have you seen all the threads about characters being lost on official servers?

1 minute ago, Aylana314159 said:

Submit 1000s of tickets is probably the reason they auto close. Tickets are answered in the order recieved, you have to wait.

Unless a subscription or cash shop is added, the servers and server support will be subpar.

Leaving/Losing all of my dinos are not an option. I started playing on legacy server. 1 day they said they are deleting that server and probably will delete all legacy servers in the future. So i left all my dinos and started fresh on official, hoping it would be different. I can't leave again to single/non-dedicated. 

1000+ tickets submitted over the course of 1 year. Not in a day or month. By atleast 20 people

40 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Official Ark servers will not last forever. Stay if you want, but you know exactly what you're getting.

Unofficial servers have the same fate. it can go off anytime. So only option is hosting/single. As i said hosting cannot be done as i dont want to play at really low fps and for single player, I  dont want to play alone. So i dont know how i can enjoy this game anymore. Maybe quitting is the only option left.

7 minutes ago, sps said:

Maybe quitting is the only option left.

Yeah. If you aren't having fun and see no alternative, then maybe so.

But 2k hours at official rates is very different from boosted rate unofficial servers. If you want to complete the content, you could just set goals and be finished with the game. It dosen't have to be a second job.

the main problem I had with unofficial server is that there are usually an excess of mods...… like, vanilla servers are few and they usually shut down fast.
the second reason is that there are no long-term relationships. Tribes are solo and their owner leaves. Unlike in official, people leaves, but the tribe you know was passed down and lives.

On 5/14/2020 at 12:18 AM, Dinobros2000 said:

And almost noe of us in the player base actually know what their talking about when it comes to WC, and devs and moderators... there’s a reason things are the way they are, maybe not for a good reason but sill, also ho many devs have you MET? Did you even MEET the ark devs.... cus I HIGHLY doubt you did....

ex.
Non-dedicated teather= non exploding computer

no mods on console = Xbox and PS4 being cash cows which no one in the fan base seams to understand...

On 5/14/2020 at 12:12 AM, Dinobros2000 said:

A developer develops things, they don’t fix them, that’s the bug fixers job, WC needs to hire like 5 more bug fixers.... and the devs are doing their job, developing... new stuff, like maps and creature, I’m not gonna say the devs need to work on bugs cus that’s not their job, and the bug fixes are fixing bugs there’s just not enough of them....

BTW @everyone  You guys do know that they accidentally deleted genesis and trying to patch it up with new update? Good dev's. The same dev's created these stupid servers too. Not surprised for deleting their own files.

On 5/14/2020 at 11:25 AM, Aylana314159 said:

Official Ark servers will not last forever. Stay if you want, but you know exactly what you're getting.

Its true. The only option for social interaction is going into an unofficial, and then when that stops suddenly, then you may hop to yet another. Then another. 

Also another.  I mean, likely a little better performance at the cost of uncertainty weighed upon the official's buggy-yet-consistent(for the...moderate part) nature. There' a chance it may stay up for years, actually. You just have 'no' idea unless you purchase your own, and even that may become corrupted at your top dollar.

So unofficial is....is the only way to go....just be prepared to spend more and/or keep travelling, I supposed. Y'know...if it doesn't...work out...

The best idea.

...I'm fired, aren't I? 

what do all you fanbois got to say about the recent major raptorup by the devs ?

no matter whether the OP ever met one of the devs in person but he and countless other people for sure experienced some of the worst devs the industry got to offer: communication skills that are subterranean, a patch policy that is beyond reasonable and a general attitude towards the community that is hard to find a match for. leave alone that they rather mess up working mechanics with faulty crap they push live.

I play Xbox single player and let me tell you it's a mess as well. I don't dare step foot in extinction for all the texture popping and bad fps, and that's on a one X. Also I cannot transfer to any map at all. To play ark I have to play through my secondary Xbox account so I can transfer. Sure the original author of this post is being exaggerative and kind of just whining but he does have a valid point about this game being a mess. Those of you that cannot see that really should just keep your opinion to yourself because it is completely biased and not productive to addressing issues. I love ark, I have over 1500 hours in it and still play it. But there are massive issues that need serious attention. Blaming someone with a complaint and trying to demonize them because your fanboyness can't handle criticism is sickening. Discuss the problem, gather details, try and help, don't run your mouth simply because the author hurt your feels and complained about your favorite game.

Archived