I LOST HOPE. Worst Developers I've ever met in any game.

sps

The Developers of ARK is the worst I've ever met in any game. They will never Repair their servers, instead they will give you new maps, which will not be playable in few months like other maps. They didn't even care about our reports/tickets. They will never address your report/ticket. They will write you email saying that they are closing it. Server lags in every 3 mins for the last 1 year, Crashing occurs every 15 mins. They still saying that it is playable. If you look at the total server crash in 1 day, You will get the picture about being playable. btw I play on EU-PVE-Valguero517. 

Only thing i can say to the Dev's is to "Go raptor Yourself". How can u still be called as a Dev if you can't fix servers?

3 hours ago, sps said:

The Developers of ARK is the worst I've ever met in any game. They will never Repair their servers, instead they will give you new maps, which will not be playable in few months like other maps. They didn't even care about our reports/tickets. They will never address your report/ticket. They will write you email saying that they are closing it. Server lags in every 3 mins for the last 1 year, Crashing occurs every 15 mins. They still saying that it is playable. If you look at the total server crash in 1 day, You will get the picture about being playable. btw I play on EU-PVE-Valguero517. 

Only thing i can say to the Dev's is to "Go raptor Yourself". How can u still be called as a Dev if you can't fix servers?

To be fair if the playerbase would stop breaking the game by duping and going out of the way to find new exploits the servers would run smoother.

On 5/11/2020 at 12:56 PM, sps said:

Really?  How many developers have you actually met?  In how many different games?  Name them.  I'm guessing none.  You want server support?  Go find a game with a subscription plan.  Those games have the resources to staff and maintain servers.   I'm willing to bet your PVE server is absolutely crowded with ridiculous bases, probably hogging incredible amounts of server resources.  You think the Unreal Engine 4 was designed to handle all of this, including the server architecture issues?  HA!   How many of the problems in ARK are engine related?  How many identical issues can you see in other Unreal 4 games?  Take a guess.  Then hazard a guess as to how many people use the Unreal 4 engine in their games without fully mastering the code.  The problems you face are non-existent on single player.

Free servers.  How is a company able to employ people to police servers when said servers generate no money?

Of course the developers don't respond.  Would you?  Why subject yourself to such nonsense.

On 5/11/2020 at 10:56 AM, sps said:

How can u still be called as a Dev if you can't fix servers?

A developer develops things, they don’t fix them, that’s the bug fixers job, WC needs to hire like 5 more bug fixers.... and the devs are doing their job, developing... new stuff, like maps and creature, I’m not gonna say the devs need to work on bugs cus that’s not their job, and the bug fixes are fixing bugs there’s just not enough of them....

You gotta think, how much of this do you actually understand... the games laggy on your server, and the pings 255 but that’s because there’s 70 people on, and each one has a super base and 100 dinos, try an unofficial without mods and 5 people on it at like day 50.... or play simgle player or host a non dedicated 

And almost noe of us in the player base actually know what their talking about when it comes to WC, and devs and moderators... there’s a reason things are the way they are, maybe not for a good reason but sill, also ho many devs have you MET? Did you even MEET the ark devs.... cus I HIGHLY doubt you did....

ex.
Non-dedicated teather= non exploding computer

no mods on console = Xbox and PS4 being cash cows which no one in the fan base seams to understand...

@Dinobros2000most server lag like crazy even with just 10-20 people on them. 100-200 ping is the standard on every Ragnarok and on a lot of extinction and island servers. Valguero servers have also become unplayable if there are 20+ daily players on them and those severs are pretty new.

Some servers even lag with less than 10 people on them. Random and heavy ping spikes all the time are nearly always there. You won't be able to play some minutes without some random lag spike. 

If big bases are such a big issue for this game, limit the players on official servers, if many dinos are an issue, limit the amount. No older server PVE can handle 70 players on them,. Even empty servers as you often see in PVP with just a couple bases become unplayable if a bigger raid starts and 50+ players go to that pretty structure vise empty server.

They need to drastically reduce some numbers on official, even if it limits the players it would benefit the whole community. There doesn't seem to be any other cheap way to handle this issue. 

The solution could have been an ARK 2 but Wildcard/Snail Games shot themselves in the foot with ATLAS. So there is nothing else to be done, sadly.

@Dinobros2000no the random lag spikes happen all the time on many, many servers and they are in between the 15 minutes where the server saves happen. 

I agree that they are probably using better servers for Genesis because it's a big selling point if new people start on the new DLC map. It would be horrible if the map lagged like we saw in ATLAS and what happened to the game. It was unplayable for months because of the lags and the lags have destroyed the whole games early success. 

No streamer or normal gamer would ever touch ATLAS again because of their very bad experience. 

Genesis servers at least worked pretty well for some months with 70 players on them but people have already started reporting heavy issues, lags and crashes like 1-2 months ago and those issues won't get better IMO because this game needs heavier limitations on official servers. Players won't limit themselves even if there base or dino amount would ruin the whole server like that guy who came here to complain that the Enforcers wiped half his base. He even had the audacity to be proud that his base crashed the server multiple times. Some ARK players are very selfish and will say anything to defend their amount of dinos and gigantic bases.

2 minutes ago, sps said:

So you guys are saying that i should abandon my 2000+ hours of work

It's your choice, continue being attached to your pixels even though it sounds like you aren't having fun, or try something else.

You can always just maintain what you have on official while trying other options.

Have you seen all the threads about characters being lost on official servers?

Archived