A new "Arthropod Pit" biome

ObiGuanche

Suggestion

A new "Arthropod Pit" biome

Hello everyone. I want to post an idea of a possible new biome, sort of, and I want to know what everyone thinks of this. 

So what I think is creating a new biome which is mostly inhabited by arthropods. I'm sure everyone that has watched the movie "Peter Jackson's King Kong" will remember the Insect Pit scene ( I mean it's pretty memorable). This new biome would look kinda like it, It would be found in a deep ravine and it would be visually similar to the genesis bog, the swamp cave and the skeleton gorge in Valguero.

This biome resources will be common things like berries, fiber and stone. However it would also be rich on green, blue and red crystallized sap. The place would also have spoiled meat and raw salt due to the abundance of corpses and bones of creatures the insects and other multi legged freaks have eaten since they fell there. Oil and gas veins would also be found here.

Small caves found within this biome contain deadly gases like the ones found in the swamp cave in the island. These caves would contain huge metal, obsidian and crystal nodes that would be abundant in here. 

Environmental hazards include spores like in aberration and rock falling from above like the ones in the genesis volcano. The swamp fever and megarabies would count too I guess.

The biome in general would have higher oxygen levels than in other places in the map. This translates into the gameplay as having "wild" x and y Plant species that would attack anything that gets close ( including other wild creatures) and also the high oxygen levels will buff all arthropods here making the place a bit deadlier. Maybe you could extract the oxygen in some way and create a new grenade that when thrown gives the buff to nearby arthropods during a certain amount of time.

The invertebrates that will spawn here are: achatina, dung beetle, leech, lamprey, glowbug, jug bug, araneo, pulmonoscorpius, mantis, lymantria, arthropleura, gasbags, karkinos, bloodstalker, trilobites, eurypterids, ammonite, meganeura, giant bee, giant ants and insect swarms.

These are all of the invertebrates but there will also be some other creatures: Megalania, titanoboa, and Onyc (which would be exclusive to the small caves). Megatherium ( It would get an X variant that would be exclusive to this biome). Argentavis ( attracted by the large quantity of corpses). Additionally, rock avalanches would push anything right into the pit so anything wandering nearby, let's say a parasaur, will end up being eaten by the insects.

Lastly I would like to see a new creature that would be found almost exclusively in this biome. However it's not something I have thought a lot about, but I kinda want it to be a large omnivorous insect that only the karkinos would dare to fight in the wild and it would be stronger than it in a 1v1. I think a giant stag beetle would be nice and would function as a good flying tank but please let me know your thoughts.

That's everything I have for now. Let me know your opinion on this. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to express it.

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived