PS4 Dedicated Server Hosted on Personal PC?

PS4 Dedicated Server Hosted on Personal PC?

I've been waiting on this feature since Ark Survival Evolve was announced for PS4... what ever happened to this?

Original excuse for this not being an option years ago was that PS4 didn't allow Cross Platform play but that has changed.  PS4 is now allowing Cross Platform play so why has Ark not jumped in on this feature yet?  It is obvious that PC can host the game since we can "PAY" to have Hosted Dedicated Server but when will you guys release the Server Files for those of us who'd like to Host Ark from home.  What is the hold up now?

Hope someone can officially respond to this as the last post I could find about this even being a feature was since 2017.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PS4 is only allowing Cross Platform for certain things it's not 100% everything is cross-platform. (for example, ESO, FFXIV, ARK, PSO2, and GTA aren't cross-platform) The reason you can't host a PS4 server is more than likely a contract deal WC has with the hosts or the fact that Sony isn't allowing them to host a server because Sony doesn't want the files out in the open for whatever reason.

On 6/20/2020 at 11:41 AM, NumberVIIIAxel said:

PS4 is only allowing Cross Platform for certain things it's not 100% everything is cross-platform. (for example, ESO, FFXIV, ARK, PSO2, and GTA aren't cross-platform) The reason you can't host a PS4 server is more than likely a contract deal WC has with the hosts or the fact that Sony isn't allowing them to host a server because Sony doesn't want the files out in the open for whatever reason.

Definitely not Sony anymore since they've fully allowed Cross Play.  It's up to developers now to embrace it.  Seems WC might be held up by contracts with Nitrado and other dedicated server companies.  GREED wins.. LOL

"While it's not announcing the news explicitly, the PS4's cross-play efforts have officially moved out of the beta stage, meaning that the console can support cross-play on any titles that studios provide the functionality for. This month's Modern Warfare may be the first major title to take advantage of it at launch, and likely won't be the last. "  WIRED

12 hours ago, D12AKO said:

Definitely not Sony anymore since they've fully allowed Cross Play.  It's up to developers now to embrace it.  Seems WC might be held up by contracts with Nitrado and other dedicated server companies.  GREED wins.. LOL

"While it's not announcing the news explicitly, the PS4's cross-play efforts have officially moved out of the beta stage, meaning that the console can support cross-play on any titles that studios provide the functionality for. This month's Modern Warfare may be the first major title to take advantage of it at launch, and likely won't be the last. "  WIRED

More than likely yes but Sega has said that Sony hasn’t given them a greenlight to go cross-platform with PSO2 so Sony still has some authority it seems.

I wish there was a better way to host an ARK for PS4 because to be honest I would rather not have to pay for it. I have a handful of friends we just screw around on the game and paying every month sucks. Since I am the “tech guy” of the group it would obviously end up being me hosting it. Even if it isn’t cross-platform it would be a start if anything allowing you to host from your own machine.

Archived