What does May15 server transfers mean?

Jemcrystal

What does May15 server transfers mean?

What is wrong with these servers that they have to wait until the 15th to be open to the public?  They are not the new Genesis dlc.  I don't understand this.

New Server Transfers

These were the latest servers added in tandem with our free weekend. Similarly to Genesis One servers, on May the 15th, they’ll also have their transfers enabled:

EU-PVE-Official-TheIsland705
EU-PVE-Official-TheCenter706
EU-PVP-Official-TheIsland707
EU-PVP-Official-TheCenter708
EU-PVE-Official-Ragnarok709
EU-PVP-Official-Ragnarok710
EU-PVP-Official-Valguero711
EU-PVP-Official-TheIsland712
EU-PVE-Official-Valguero713
EU-PVP-Official-TheCenter714
EU-PVP-Official-Ragnarok715
EU-PVP-Official-Valguero716
NA-PVE-Official-TheIsland717
NA-PVE-Official-TheCenter718
NA-PVP-Official-TheIsland719
NA-PVP-Official-TheCenter720
NA-PVE-Official-Ragnarok721
NA-PVP-Official-Ragnarok722
NA-PVP-Official-Valguero723
NA-PVP-Official-TheIsland724
NA-PVE-Official-Valguero725
NA-PVP-Official-TheCenter726
NA-PVP-Official-Ragnarok727
NA-PVP-Official-Valguero728

Cowgirl the reason people, tribe or solo, pillar is so the servers will not get overrun.  And so we don't get locked out of our servers if a mega builds to close.  And so we have some land to actually hunt on.  And to protect spawns near your base so you don't have to risk loosing your character when the game freezes traveling all over the map looking for materials that once were right next to your base. Possibly the reason you built there.

We do not want giant mega tribes building huge tek bases all dinos out next to our tiny log cabins so we cannot even log back in because we cannot render that much all at once. 

We cannot live in ark like it was a real life city.  WE MUST SPREAD OUT AND BUILD SMALL.  Mega moves in on your left.  Mega moves in on your right.  Mega behind you.  Mega in front of you.  They leave out ALL their wyverns in so many pretty colors.  They leave out ALL their yuties.  They leave out ALL their rexes.  Claim to be breeding them yet they are never logged in to the server and one day a giant turtle is sitting on the top their base.  This is not having dinos out to breed.  This is leaving them out to lag us to death while you go play Genesis.  Isn't that thing suppose to be in the water???  Why is it I see it everywhere EXCEPT the water?  One more dino left out so you can brag you have better stuffs than me. 

WC refused to recognize they cannot keep inviting 70 people to play on a server without restrictions to keep the server running smoothly.  Restrictions like not allowing oceanic players on NA servers.  Restrictions like reducing the number of dinos allowed outside of cryopods.  Restrictions like not allowing mega tribes to have an advantage over solo players and build an entire base in one night of tek.  Pillars are the least of our problems.  Pillars do not lag a server.  LEAVING ALL YOUR DINOS OUT AND INVITING ALL OF CHINA TO PLAY ON NA SERVERS DOES.  

But hay we can always go play on a modded unofficial until it breaks with the next update and the personally-owned-server-admin quits dragging us all down with them.  All pve work gone while pvp'ers laugh at us pve'ers and go:  MEME dude in hangman's noose "First time?" 

• Volunteer Moderator

They are new servers, probably why they have a waiting period like Genesis. 15th is only 5 days away now.

31 minutes ago, Jemcrystal said:

But hay we can always go play on a modded unofficial until it breaks with the next update and the personally-owned-server-admin quits dragging us all down with them.  All pve work gone while pvp'ers laugh at us pve'ers and go:  MEME dude in hangman's noose "First time?"

People like you always tarnish unofficials with the same brush, but I ran mine for 3 years with no-one losing anything as a result of me being admin and it being an unofficial server.

But how many people lost their characters, and therefore lost everything on official servers over those 3 years? The number would be huge.

You can mock unofficials as much as you want, but the grass is not greener on officials. You are probably 90% more likely to lose everything on official servers due to server issues than you ever are on unofficials.

2 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

one day a giant turtle is sitting on the top their base.  This is not having dinos out to breed.  This is leaving them out to lag us to death while you go play Genesis.  Isn't that thing suppose to be in the water???  Why is it I see it everywhere EXCEPT the water?  One more dino left out so you can brag you have better stuffs than me. 

When out of the water the Megacheleon passively produces a huge amount of rare flowers and rare mushrooms in its inventory. 

3 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

Cowgirl the reason people, tribe or solo, pillar is so the servers will not get overrun.  And so we don't get locked out of our servers if a mega builds to close.  And so we have some land to actually hunt on.  And to protect spawns near your base so you don't have to risk loosing your character when the game freezes traveling all over the map looking for materials that once were right next to your base. Possibly the reason you built there.

We do not want giant mega tribes building huge tek bases all dinos out next to our tiny log cabins so we cannot even log back in because we cannot render that much all at once. 

We cannot live in ark like it was a real life city.  WE MUST SPREAD OUT AND BUILD SMALL.  Mega moves in on your left.  Mega moves in on your right.  Mega behind you.  Mega in front of you.  They leave out ALL their wyverns in so many pretty colors.  They leave out ALL their yuties.  They leave out ALL their rexes.  Claim to be breeding them yet they are never logged in to the server and one day a giant turtle is sitting on the top their base.  This is not having dinos out to breed.  This is leaving them out to lag us to death while you go play Genesis.  Isn't that thing suppose to be in the water???  Why is it I see it everywhere EXCEPT the water?  One more dino left out so you can brag you have better stuffs than me. 

WC refused to recognize they cannot keep inviting 70 people to play on a server without restrictions to keep the server running smoothly.  Restrictions like not allowing oceanic players on NA servers.  Restrictions like reducing the number of dinos allowed outside of cryopods.  Restrictions like not allowing mega tribes to have an advantage over solo players and build an entire base in one night of tek.  Pillars are the least of our problems.  Pillars do not lag a server.  LEAVING ALL YOUR DINOS OUT AND INVITING ALL OF CHINA TO PLAY ON NA SERVERS DOES.  

I understand why people pillar, I am saying that the reason they do that is so that ONE tribe of like 30 people doesn't spend 2 days making 20k pillars and then ZOOM onto a  brand newserver and pillar the WHOLE thing by importing the pillars and dinos to do it. Putting off imports allows people to establish themselves first.

2 hours ago, ItWasntMe said:

Pve is destroyed by tribes taking over the land, you cant pick creatures up with fliers so you rely on traps but how are you supposed to do this with pillors all over the place.

It wouldn't matter, cause without a pillared buffer zone and pillared natural reserves, then there would be bases everywhere blocking the ability to place traps.

On 5/10/2020 at 8:30 AM, Jemcrystal said:

2 hours ago, ItWasntMe said:

Pve is destroyed by tribes taking over the land, you cant pick creatures up with fliers so you rely on traps but how are you supposed to do this with pillors all over the place.

You both clearly never played official when ARK was huge a few years ago. There were so many bases and players it literally broke dino spawns. There's a fine line between  too many pillars and a healthy server

On 5/11/2020 at 5:50 PM, d1nk said:

You both clearly never played official when ARK was huge a few years ago. There were so many bases and players it literally broke dino spawns. There's a fine line between  too many pillars and a healthy server

lmfao i only play official and i have since day 1 i have over 9k hours

On 5/11/2020 at 9:55 AM, ItWasntMe said:

most of the traps i see are the ramps. and i use them weather i can open the doors or not tame them then cryo them.

Archived