Mutation Question

cobrasno1

Mutation Question

I can't seem to find an answer for this. Hopefully someone on here knows. I breed a Rex that came with a mutation in stamina. It went from the original 546 up to 630. So I took that Rex and mated it with one that had 672 for stamina. Baby came out with the 672 but says it has the mutation. My question is....Is that a wasted mutation because I mated it with one already with a higher stamina stat? Don't want to waste my time trying to get the mutation into the line if it's meaningless. Any help on this would be appreciated.

If you mate with something that has a mutation, it will keep the counter in the child.

Mutation counter doesn't matter once you females with under 20.

Male could have thousands but once the female is under 20 then you can still mutate stats.

Tame a lvl 5 female Rex and clone it as many times then breed your best male against them. If you get a better male then replace old male.

If you get a better female then breed only that female against the male till you get a male with the new stat then breed that male against the clones.

parents mutation numbers will always be added together on the baby, no matter what stats it has!

if you want to breed "clean", try to avoid direct incest, since it will always pretty much double the overall mutations, even if you dont get new muts/stats...

thats why ppl who take breeding seriously always breed their high end male with "clean" (below 20 overall muts) females & then send a clean Male over the "all high stats" females you get there, so you get offspring in both "directions" with the chance for a new mutation!

additionally, using clean males/females with fancy colors lets you infuse your line with whatever color you want, without increasing your overall mutation number!

Stats and counters are mostly disconnected.  The counter is just a record of a mutation occurring in the ancestry.  It confers no advantage or application to the stats themselves.  Always start mutating once you are sure you have the best stats to work with.

most animals wouldn’t benefit from stamina mutations as spending 2 points after raising will be more valuable than inheritance of 2 points.  This gets to be an issue only when your hp/melee is so high that you have to start sacrificing other stats to make room for more hp/melee.   Spending points on hp melee vs inherited points is almost equal or is(most cases),  so it’s best to mutate those types of stats.

7 minutes ago, cobrasno1 said:

Thanks for the replies. I think I understand now. 

I like to use the turnstiles at Disney land as my example.  The counter counts a mutation going inside.  But it doesn’t record where the mutation goes,  it can leave the park in the next generation and the turnstile will not go down,  only up as more go in.  If u mate 2 turnstiles together, their counts add together and the new baby turnstile will have a counter that is the sum total of the parents counts.  The mutations could have left the park gone inside several times and left ,  but counter will never go backwards.

theres my silly answer but hopefully makes it clear.

and never is a loosely used term there.  It’s not completely true.

Archived