They censored the name Karen

Connie

• Volunteer Moderator
14 hours ago, Connie said:

Did y’all really censor Karen? I can’t name one of my Dino’s That name. If it’s true, geez man... that’s really dumb...

The game is using your console's filter, so you should take that concern with Microsoft.

On 5/9/2020 at 11:09 AM, Connie said:

Did y’all really censor Karen? I can’t name one of my Dino’s That name. If it’s true, geez man... that’s really dumb...

On 5/10/2020 at 1:36 AM, Usuallyafk said:

Community manager from early release named Karen was roasted all day everyday. So they censored it. True story.

No just Console built in censor.

On 5/13/2020 at 11:18 PM, Myrm said:

It gets worse!  I just created a metal billboard on Ark Xbox and typed in a message.  It would not accept it.  I narrowed it down to the word "at".  I was trying to use the sentence .... at least once every ... but it kept censoring the word "at".  I guess at is now an offensive word at Microsoft. ?

There's some obscure censors.. I remember one of the wyvern levels is censored (like 175 or something) .. so strange. 

Nothing worse than typing a long paragraph on console then one stupid phrase erases it because filter. I quickly bought a controller keyboard when first playing ARK. Was a life saver.

9 hours ago, d1nk said:

Nothing worse than typing a long paragraph on console then one stupid phrase erases it because filter. I quickly bought a controller keyboard when first playing ARK. Was a life saver.

Absolutely!  I purchased a simple USB computer keyboard and plugged it into my console.  Using a console controller to scroll through the on-screen keyboard to type even the shortest sentence is a laborious task.  Thank God that we can use USB keyboards.

keyb.jpg

11 hours ago, Myrm said:

Absolutely!  I purchased a simple USB computer keyboard and plugged it into my console.  Using a console controller to scroll through the on-screen keyboard to type even the shortest sentence is a laborious task.  Thank God that we can use USB keyboards.

keyb.jpg

That's new isn't it though? I got real good with the console keyboard controller attachment lol.

Reminded me of my old super stylish sideways slide Nokia phone from when I was younger.

Archived