Tek Jump Pad (pin coded) can be easy hacked

Noa

Tek Jump Pad (pin coded) can be easy hacked

I had my pig (daeodon) on wandering (pasive)in base to collect resources -mushroom and beries.

And one day i couldn't find it. After long search i found it out of base half dead with food gauge empty and health almost 0.

I saved it in last moment.

I searched for the way or hole to discover how it could get out of base with no success. Also i checked each gate if they are locked and possibility that someone opened it.

No success and thing remained unexplained.

Until one day i have just seen my dire wolf (pack leader) barking and buffed and flying in the sky.

Then i realized what is happening.

I have tek jump pad set for jump on roof of an building. Daeodon  stepped on jump pad which is not programed  perfect as if you use it from wrong side it teleport  you not at point it is calibrated but somewhere else. And ofc daeodon is so smart to know pin to use it (second jump pad imperfection) and jumped outside of base where it got attacked by wild dinos

Dire wolf ran to help daeodon but it ran there from other position so jump pad teleported it on building roof. As dire wolf didn't know that Tek Jump Pad is pin coded i forgive him hacking and using pin coded jump pad.

So check your dinos, my pig and dog can easily break security systems in game.

1 hour ago, Cowgirl said:

It's more likely that it wandered out of your base. Things on wander have been known to do that, they can easily phase in and out of walls. 

Maybe, but i have seen dire wolf flying with my own eyes. He definitely used tek jump pad.

It happened that i lagged with my giga inside  other player base which spawned when i was inside of that base with owners off line and had to ask help to get out.

But i think that was not a case with daeodon.

And i also tested  tek jump pad by running on it from other direction and it do not teleport you where it should, where it is set to, or where it is calibrated to.

Just now, Mobevents said:

If u pincode jumppads will people outside tribe able to use them ? 

Did not try that on ps4 unofficial.

Really want people outside my tribe to use them!

Frist thing when i came back from Genesis was to show it to a friend but he couldn't use it.

So i cleared pin and unlocked it but still didn't work.

Then i have read somewhere that it work only with tribe members.

He even couldn't pick up it ( i pick up it like a chair) but i  had to pick up it myself and then drop it for him to pick up dropped.

Then he couldn't put it and try as is on enemy base (PVE server), he could try it in his base.

Its cool feature, no fuel use, seems no decay and you can pick up it and place elsewhere any time you want.

You can jump while riding dino too.

But that dino can use it alone is something overseen by developers probably.

52 minutes ago, Noa said:

Maybe, but i have seen dire wolf flying with my own eyes. He definitely used tek jump pad.

It happened that i lagged with my giga inside  other player base which spawned when i was inside of that base with owners off line and had to ask help to get out.

But i think that was not a case with daeodon.

And i also tested  tek jump pad by running on it from other direction and it do not teleport you where it should, where it is set to, or where it is calibrated to.

It may have hit something like a small hill or something that made it go flying. I watched one of my friends squids "jump" out of the water and over a behe gate and get out of its water pen cause it was on neutral and something attacked. 

1 hour ago, Cowgirl said:

It may have hit something like a small hill or something that made it go flying. I watched one of my friends squids "jump" out of the water and over a behe gate and get out of its water pen cause it was on neutral and something attacked. 

Ok, now i tested it by putting Tek Jump Pad between me and dino then i called it to follow me and it jumped regardless of pin coded lock.

What i can say, try it yourself with pad and your dinos. There is no fall damage so dino will not get hurt.

Not sure why people keep saying your dinos phased through the walls, although that does happen its obviously not what happened to you here. Your dinos can absolutely use your jump pad without you riding it. I have watched it happen, and it was basically advertised as being able to do that before genesis came out. They eluded to being able to setup an elaborate trap system where you could lure a dino to the jump pad which could shoot it from pad to pad till its dropped into your trap setup somewhere.

Also Im sure the pin coding is so other people outside of the tribe can not change the settings on the jump pad and has nothing to do with being able to actually use it if its on.

Archived