Community Crunch 224: Anniversary Event, Crystal Isles Launch, New Dino & More!

StudioWildcard

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Vaiav said:

How many day the event will be there ? And is it 2x 3x 4x 5x 6x maturation for baby ? Thanks

No details beyond what has been posted in the first post of this topic have been revealed yet. So for now it is a multi-week long events. Further details will be given nearer the time.

On 5/21/2020 at 12:28 PM, Dinobros2000 said:

Wild vision, but I Hope fliers are enabled, and I hope that it isn’t the biggest map so I CAN play on it, I hate structure decay, your clan system sounds weird, just about all the arks are lush though brutal, yes for implementing Prim+, wagons are a good idea but there’s some things to work out there. I think it kind of is the appropriate place, and if there’s an ability to ride other dinos then it should only be like 1 dino...

The structure decay seemed integral to how the map flowed with the clan system. The clan system being the end to people asking and or searching for a tribe everyone starts in a clan, every player in the clan can contribute to it resources and tames -charity (increases clan reputation) 

The regions one spawns has fixed locations where which when one contributes to the clan the places upgrade as if they were an alliance base 

These locations are ideal capture and control points which is why structure decay would need to be ramped up, being that not all regions would be equal nor be composed of the same biomes capturing these places would be key for one clan to dominate the map.

Because these locations essentially can be leveled actual player base construction would be disabled in very close proximity yet defending these locations with player built structures and contraptions (turret walls, pressure plates, tames , players themselves) would be achievable if the clan pulls together.  farms,  smithing villages etc basically what is contributed, donating crops  builds the farm, growing crops at the farm has increase rates, donating directly from the farm back into the clan upgrades the farm, more increases in production, higher priority target.

Nomadic spawn means you have no ties to any clan but doesnt exclude you from gaining  reputation in one.

Now say as one clan gains more and more territory of the map this increases all players accessibility to higher tier loot given that if an enemy clan, tribe, alliance, solo player(s) is to attack and succeed in looting these fixed locations, Instead of only getting what location produces as it seems logical for that to be the player is also given loot as if it were a supply drop bps,already crafted consumables, saddles etc.

Once a clan dominates a map a riff/glitch is created in the simulation where which element and tek become available, supplying the server with the best means of declaring and lush waging war on another server.

Player reputation dictates who gains an invite to the war. This enables those players to become nomads on another server (same map) and they can go on and pursue taking over that server but cant go back to the prior. There would be a cap to how much of things can be taken (definitely will require community input after launch) though once right these players would have with them what should be neccessary to take over that server if what all is taken can help them do it and they plan correctly with skill determination and luck all in their favor but still. Not easy

Players who's clan is wiped (territory controlled by others) lose clan affiliation become nomads, reputation reset.

They as tribes and solos still persist yet have to start over in the clan system.

Neglect in upkeep reduces clan rank/level/tier, of fixed locations, if to much is left to neglect, like those who's clan lost all territory also become nomads.

I mean all of this did essentially happen per the story so shouldn't we get to do it two. 

6 hours ago, Foxeh said:

I'm honestly most curious about which engrams will be available and if there's an Ab area.  I've gotten spoiled by Valguero.  My tribemate and I are curious about moving to CI, but I'm going to wait to see how the official map pans out first.  I feel like I have a lot available to me on Val.

aberration has a chance, but rock drakes STAY!!!  they stay, or i not happy!

• Like 1