Community Crunch 224: Anniversary Event, Crystal Isles Launch, New Dino & More!

StudioWildcard

On 5/9/2020 at 1:26 PM, Zahlea said:

Really cool!! They say "all platforms" for the new dino, but it doesn't say anything of which maps. Is this the new dino added to Crystal Isles, or is Crystal Wyvern the one? What I'm getting at is - will this new dino come to all maps or just Crystal Isles?

Oh!!! I really hope they add "naked skins" for hands and feet as well with the anniversary event! I would really like to see them open up for customisation across all equipment slots!

I think this flyer is like the griffin for Ragna and the Deino for Valguero. So yes, crystal isles new creature.

Plus we're going to have the crystal Wyverns. And maybe also the crystal griffin.

But I wonder if the Embertross is going to be removed or will stay. It's a phoenix after all ? maybe it will be stuck on CL? I'd really like to have the Embertross :/

Edited by MayaPatch

On 5/19/2020 at 7:48 AM, HigherFlyer said:

Honestly that would be awesome, but it's not up to WildCard, go complain to Microsoft. Why? Microsoft requires every bit of content put on their consoles to be certified by them, so mods made by random people would not be certified and that's why they can't do it. Every single ark update has to be certified by Microsoft even though Arks been around for 5 years. I could be wrong here, this is what I've been told.

Also if they did, they would probably(and could) make you pay money for each mod, like 2 dollars, enough to make you still buy it, this is why WC made the center rag, and valagrue offical parts of the game rather then you have to download them separately like on PC

On 5/9/2020 at 1:16 AM, Lenn753 said:

This new dino looks like Ornithocheirus or Tropeognathus.

It is an ornithochierus, i recognize the head crest

On 5/9/2020 at 1:16 AM, Lenn753 said:

This new dino looks like Ornithocheirus or Tropeognathus.

It is an ornithocheirus, i recognize the head crest

Edited by SunscaleTheGrey
Sorry, duplicate comment

14 hours ago, MayaPatch said:

I think this flyer is like the griffin for Ragna and the Deino for Valguero. So yes, crystal isles new creature.

Plus we're going to have the crystal Wyverns. And maybe also the crystal griffin.

But I wonder if the Embertross is going to be removed or will stay. It's a phoenix after all ? maybe it will be stuck on CL? I'd really like to have the Embertross :/

all creatures like the crystal griffins and the Embertross should STAY, you don't get variants for them both, while other dinos get all the treatment.

WildCard, if you read this, KEEP THE EMBERTROSS AND THE CRYSTAL GRIFFINS!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SunscaleTheGrey said:

It is an ornithochierus, i recognize the head crest

It is an ornithocheirus, i recognize the head crest

Ummmm well crests are often debated the exact shape, and there are several dinos with very similar crests and it could be something more general such as “Pterosaur”(but probably something a bit more specific) just like “Trilobite” . Also ark isn’t nessiceraly know for Accurateness (see tiny megaldons, spitting dillos, and flying quetzals)

17 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Ummmm well crests are often debated the exact shape, and there are several dinos with very similar crests and it could be something more general such as “Pterosaur”(but probably something a bit more specific) just like “Trilobite” . Also ark isn’t nessiceraly know for Accurateness (see tiny megaldons, spitting dillos, and flying quetzals)

Oh ok, thanks for clarifying

40 minutes ago, ENDERDSTEVE said:

So Exited

I still haven’t played with Gen dinos, also I’m not gonna buy the gen map till it goes off the “new sale” back to 10$... can’t wait to see the new map and fly around with the wyvern and who isn’t exited about giving the new dino infa stats and machine gunning down some creatures on the lava island

1 hour ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Anyone know details on modding sponsorship like what it entitles, dose WC just give you some money, or “buy” your mod, or like reveiw your updates? I’d like to see if I should try to get my mod sponsored, I’d also like a moderator or dev to reply so I know it’s valid..

nope, im not that smart!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Magmasaur103 said:

man, where have you been, under a rock!? your missing out on the good stuff!!!

Well I want to play through the story with my friend, and I’ve only clocked 30 hrs on a PC where I can use cheats to play with new dinos....I used to have Xbox, where typing “cheat” Takes 30 secounds...

8 hours ago, Magmasaur103 said:

all creatures like the crystal griffins and the Embertross should STAY, you don't get variants for them both, while other dinos get all the treatment.

WildCard, if you read this, KEEP THE EMBERTROSS AND THE CRYSTAL GRIFFINS!!!

Well Valguero had a bad treatment. All genesis creatures have been removed, and with them Rock Drake, charging stations and other stuff. And yes, I understand the reason behind it. But Instead of mutilating the maps, they can simply add the DLCs as requirements to play these maps. Trappel and Nekatus did  that for their new map Fjordur. 

Anyway Crystal creatures should be ok, they're something that's different than vanilla, same for the liquified skeletal creatures but the Embertross, besides the taming method, it's a Phoenix. 

But yes, I hope that it's going to stay. I really really hope! 

Edited by MayaPatch

3 hours ago, BowlerHatGuyUK said:

Definitely a Pterosaurs, the teeth give it away... the only one big enough to carry such a gun... can’t wait to find out though...

62723CA6-1327-4F0B-816B-AAD051A75A50.jpeg

And it was ONLY the teeth that gave that away........ also a quetzal couldn’t even fly(debatably) or even glide.... and ark has portrayed that it can carry a giant metal sheet with like a chest full a rocks or two and it dosent slow it down.

7 hours ago, MayaPatch said:

Well Valguero had a bad treatment. All genesis creatures have been removed, and with them Rock Drake, charging stations and other stuff. And yes, I understand the reason behind it. But Instead of mutilating the maps, they can simply add the DLCs as requirements to play these maps. Trappel and Nekatus did  that for their new map Fjordur. 

Anyway Crystal creatures should be ok, they're something that's different than vanilla, same for the liquified skeletal creatures but the Embertross, besides the taming method, it's a Phoenix. 

But yes, I hope that it's going to stay. I really really hope! 

Dosent the Phoenix also have another special ability that uses it’s fire spawn animation?

(Not appropriate place I know)

I was given a vision 

Tames that can "mount" other tames. Specific tame for specific tame.

Having a creature(s) mounted onto another would block player from riding. Some creatures with mounted creatures could not be picked up. 

Yes micros were first in this vision though knowing full well they would be way to OP to have say 5 or so mounted as opposed to the player. 

Some tames that other tames could mount needed a specialized saddle specifically for certain creatures (wagon)

Oh this was genesis part 2 I might add and had heavy emphasis on prim+integration.

Flyers were disable, thus why certain creatures could mount others and why some medium size creatures could pull a wagon (very small platform saddle) 

Structure decay was increased as to promote mobile warfair 

Spawn locations were dictated by which clan one joined (territory regions)

reputation was introduced -mission focused on supplying the "clan" mats and particular level dermis to enable access to non prim+ items (element tek) resources for such equipment increased 5× 

the environment lush though brutal.

Certain Build regions did not have increased structure decay though areas were only accessible after certain parameters are met and only available to place structures on certain days. 

To change clans required mutiny, a week of solo play - non transferable reputation - 50% level reduction~ mindwiped after reduction 

The map the biggest yet 

Part 2 Delayed until April - thanks Corona 

It was a glorious vision, will probably never happen.