Community Crunch 224: Anniversary Event, Crystal Isles Launch, New Dino & More!

StudioWildcard

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, ThePryBar said:

So according to your BS wildcard will have a ten day window to release in winter 2020 given the first day of winter is December 21st.  Also that they announced part 1 and 2 and began charging for genesis back in fall of 2019, would leave you to believe that part 1 was complete and part 2 was nearly finished.  

Honestly if you couldn't give out any new information you could have just kept quiet. You are on here to keep the forum running and to keep potty language off not to start pissing matches with patrons of this site.

10 day release window? Dude, you need to chill and think before you post.

Winter lasts for 3 months. Therefore, Winter 2020 runs from 21st Dec 2020 to 20th Mar 2021. Just because they started selling the season pass in Fall of 2019 doesn't mean that Part 1 was complete and Part 2 nearly finished. Why would it make you think Part 2 was nearly finished? It's project development, they have a timeline for development, which they provided you with by saying Winter 2020.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 8:05 PM, Magmasaur103 said:

yeah, like a crystal boss? something along that line would be nice

also, maybe some crystal minions like rockwell did with the aberration creatures

Introducing the Crystal Golem:

• Lava golem size with a single large crystal coming out of its back, and several from its joints (elbows, shoulders etc) like tonfas.
  • Thinking Neon pinks and deep purples in colour.
  • Ground slam attack that causes crystals to shoot up from the ground and can knock back dinos.
  • Chucks large boulders with crystals protruding from them, with a chance to cause bleeding debuf.

Any other ideas?

Edited by Tomm1e1
Typographical error
  • Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 2:29 PM, Tomm1e1 said:

Introducing the Crystal Golem:

• Lava golem size with a single large crystal coming out of its back, and several from its joints (elbows, shoulders etc) like tonfas.
  • Thinking Neon pinks and deep purples in colour.
  • Ground slam attack that causes crystals to shoot up from the ground and can knock back dinos.
  • Chucks large boulders with crystals protruding from them, with a chance to cause bleeding debuf.

Any other ideas?

noice, maybe while they edit they can add a biome JUST made for and of crystals and crystal dinos

oh wait!! they can have that idea as a mini boss in the venter of the map, like they did for the centurion on olympus!!

Edited by Magmasaur103
  • Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 1:45 PM, GP said:

Well Genesis Part 2 was scheduled for Winter 2020, so based on that, it is NOT expected by October because Winter starts in December. So Part 2 isn't expected before December 2020.

Considering Part 1 was delayed, and the whole world has suffered a very bad year so far that has disrupted many businesses and lives, this could very well have an impact on the release of Part 2.

So, to answer your question, not before Dec 2020, just like they announced when they announced the Season Pass.

I am sure they may say something like that, but those who have been playing since early access know the truth. This company loves, just love to find every little reason to postpone a dlc. They have NEVER met a date they put out. Each time they have some "reason". We will not be seeing Genesis part 2 till Christmas 2021.  They said winter 2020 before covid so when covid is over that is only when they will begin with the DLC. They will say "we don't want it to have bugs so it will be 4 or 5 months more" I mean they literally gave us a map full of bugs and glitches last time. Literally,  swarms and running around fixing glitches. Jokes on us 

• Facepalm 1

Does look like the Ornithocheirus to me and my kids love Andy's dinosaurs, they can't get enough of that show... surprisingly informative too. Anyway...

As for that guy who complained about that 10 day window yadah yadah. . . yeah you might want to relook at a calendar to see how long Winter actually lasts for, as for the information WC have given us ingards to release dates and what not expect things to change, expect things to not go as planned, we are in the middle of a worldwide pandemic and you are not the only ones suffering from it, everyone is, businesses all over the world have to put in safety protocols and measures to ensure their staffs welfare and this comes first before anything else.

You don't like it? Tough, you are literally going to have to just wait. Patience is a virtue and one I think we all need to have at times like this.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BabygirlCupcake said:

I wouldn't of minded seeing rockdrakes in the Aberrant Cave on Val actually there's a nice spot in there you would of thought to of expected them, but alas it wasn't to be.

Though speaking of Rockwell. . . that's not a bad idea for a Chibi ^.^ just saying :) 

chibi rockwell? that ought to be interesting.

though, the chibi dinos are all tamable dinos, so idk about that within my second thought...

Edited by Magmasaur103
  • Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Ok didn’t know that, but they still reveled it, don’t know how they knew...

The Wiki have done that plenty of times before. Each time a DLC's mysterious mysteries is released people that do the Wiki create a page using the name they believe it is. This could simply be them believing it is the Orni and named it that. They can easily change it if it is wrong.

They haven't "revealed" anything.

8 hours ago, GP said:

The Wiki have done that plenty of times before. Each time a DLC's mysterious mysteries is released people that do the Wiki create a page using the name they believe it is. This could simply be them believing it is the Orni and named it that. They can easily change it if it is wrong.

They haven't "revealed" anything.

Ok...

On 5/10/2020 at 5:40 PM, 12345611111 said:

Add Ark Console mods so that console players can have more fun

Honestly that would be awesome, but it's not up to WildCard, go complain to Microsoft. Why? Microsoft requires every bit of content put on their consoles to be certified by them, so mods made by random people would not be certified and that's why they can't do it. Every single ark update has to be certified by Microsoft even though Arks been around for 5 years. I could be wrong here, this is what I've been told.