Community Crunch 224: Anniversary Event, Crystal Isles Launch, New Dino & More!

StudioWildcard

Some people love this announcement but I hate it. I feel like I have stood up for wildcard again and again when people where mad at them. I understand delaying a map for console but not even releasing it within the same timespan hurts me. I love Ark. I love wildcard. I’m frustrated because this map was ALREADY available for pc. And they are acting like they are releasing a map on the 4th when really it won’t even be close to that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

Just to provide some clarity surrounding the new creature. It'll be found on Crystal Isles on PC, and on Console it will be available on the other maps. Once we've released Crystal Isles on Consoles, we'll be adjusting its spawn so it's found there instead. Whilst the map needs some additional time to get it ready on console, the creature will be ready and we didn't want to hold it back. Plus with the launch of CI, we'll still get some new wyvern variants which'll be fresh at the time.

Hi just wondering how the Winners for the egg contest Are going to receive their prize. Thanks!

Edited by butwhytho
Joe

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, Jatheish said:

Just to provide some clarity surrounding the new creature. It'll be found on Crystal Isles on PC, and on Console it will be available on the other maps (list TBD). Once we've released Crystal Isles on Consoles, we'll be adjusting its spawn so it's found there instead. Whilst the map needs some additional time to get it ready on console, the creature will be ready and we didn't want to hold it back. Plus with the launch of CI, we'll still get some new Wyvern variants which'll be fresh at the time.

Thanks for the clarity! :Jerblove:

32 minutes ago, XxsidwinderxX said:

im just wondering if this mod is already on PC. then it shouldn't take long for console. maybe just getting all the security approval from Xbox and sony 

Isolde who made the map did a lot of work on Atlas so there's not been many major updates to Crystal Isles in nearly 2 years, last update was October last year and that just fixed a few bugs and added owls, gasbags & gachas, last time the map was updated was July 18, there's a couple of biomes that needed to be completed plus the stuff WC will want removing, it also needs a lot of optimising as it melts cpu's, Eldritch Isle kills my PC with all the effects going on so god knows what'll it'll do to base PS4's ?

So no, it wasn't ready on PC and just needs certification for the consoles

On 5/8/2020 at 11:16 PM, Lenn753 said:

This new dino looks like Ornithocheirus or Tropeognathus.

I agree. It looks like either one but don’t ask me how to say the names lol ?  

Edit   It said dizzying so another spin attack Dino? Or can turn like a tape?

Edited by Bigchingus7890