Community Crunch 224: Anniversary Event, Crystal Isles Launch, New Dino & More!

StudioWildcard

Greetings Survivors!

June 2020 will mark the 5th Anniversary of ARK: Survival Evolved, and what an amazing five years it’s been! We have some special treats planned to commemorate the occasion with our fantastic community!

We’ll be celebrating this momentous milestone with multi-week long revelries which will include a special birthday in-game event, the arrival of a new dinosaur, and the initial rollout of the one-of-a-kind experience of the expansive Official “ISO: Crystal Isles” map!

Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ???????

surprise_Tease_STA.jpg

Here’s a little teaser of our new real-world dinosaur primed to make its dizzying mark upon the skies on June the 4th across all platforms! Can you guess what it is??!

Crystal Isles

Crystal Isles is a stunning, other-worldly map filled with a vibrant display of teeming life scattered amidst its varied landscapes, awe-inspiring floating islands, and breathtaking biomes. 

ARK_Crystal_Isles_2.jpg

Ever since Crystal Isles launched as a mod in 2016, its fantasy appeal has secured its place as one of the most popular maps within the ARK community and we’re thrilled to bring it to players as a fully supported free DLC.

ARK_Crystal_Isles_1.jpg

Crystal Isles will initially launch for PC on June the 4th, with an Xbox and PS4 launch coming later this summer as the team continues to hunker down and iterate on the console version.

We hear you on the Crystal Wyverns and they’ll certainly be making their tameable appearance on the Isles! ;)

Anniversary Event!

And finally, we’ll be donning our party hats and celebrating with a time-honored in-game event commencing on all platforms on June 4, featuring Party Dodos, interactive cakes, new chibis & surprises, and dazzling unicorns frolicking on rainbows. Yes, really! 

large.574f50261944d_ARKBirthdaySuit.jpg

It’s been an incredible journey over the last 5 years filled with so many unforgettable memories and we can’t wait to celebrate with you once more! 

Eggcellent Adventure Winners!

There were so many amazing entries we found it hard to choose just one winner from each category so we’ve decided to award more prizes. 

Grand Prize: 100$, plus a copy of the Genesis Season Pass and a special ARK Goodie bag!

butwhytho
large.grandprize.jpeg

Congratulations, what an epic creation!

Winners: 100$ prize each!

DodoPandora

large.dodopandora.jpg

AlannahJay101

large.allanahjay.jpg

Mitharen

large.mitharenfinal.jpg

Runners up: 50$ prize each!

Amitaya1982

large.amitaya.jpg

MagmaMage
large.magmamage.jpg

Thank you for all your creative entries!

Steam Sale: Explorers Edition (75% Off)

b66d23ff436b6041e2ba8327e0c585ea.jpg

Want to introduce your friends to the world of ARK?  Right now, the ARK: Survival Evolved Explorer's Edition Bundle is available for 75% off on Steam! The Explorer's Edition gives you access to the base game as well as the Scorched Earth, Aberration, and Extinction Expansion Packs.

Go grab your copy now!

EVO Event

c4d1c70db94b99199a88d21dbf29f34d_2.jpg

As mentioned in an earlier post, we've enabled 2x XP, taming, breeding, and harvest. We'll continue to run these rates for the time being as a gesture towards our community as we all deal with the isolation and stress during these tough times.

large.624776406_arklove_resize.jpg

We’re proud of what we’ve accomplished over the past five years and we couldn’t have done it without your love and support.
Thank you! Stay safe and take care!

Studio Wildcard 

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

View full article

• Like 2

Been working on this for a while now it’s a full sized deinonychus costume, I’ll post the finished product in fan art Friday’s ?

___._
                                                   .'  <0>'-.._
                                                  /  /.--.____")
                                                 |   \   __.-'~
                                                 |  :  -'/
                                                /:.  :.-'
__________                                     | : '. |
'--.____  '--------.______       _.----.-----./      :/
        '--.__            `'----/       '-.      __ :/
              '-.___           :           \   .'  )/
                    '---._           _.-'   ] /  _/
                         '-._      _/     _/ / _/
                             \_ .-'____.-'__< |  \___
                               <_______.\    \_\_---.7
                              |   /'=r_.-'     _\\ =/
                          .--'   /            ._/'>
                        .'   _.-'
                       / .--'
                      /,/
                      |/`)
                      'c=,       ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

7F781415-E158-43E6-A015-CB2C6534218F.jpeg

Edited by butwhytho
Incorrect grammar
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Really cool!! They say "all platforms" for the new dino, but it doesn't say anything of which maps. Is this the new dino added to Crystal Isles, or is Crystal Wyvern the one? What I'm getting at is - will this new dino come to all maps or just Crystal Isles?

Oh!!! I really hope they add "naked skins" for hands and feet as well with the anniversary event! I would really like to see them open up for customisation across all equipment slots!

• Like 1

I am looking forward to this map and have been encouraging my friends to retry ark again.  Many of them, (9 in total )left fed up with the glitches on extinction.  Vowed never to play again. 

However last week I purchased genesis  and I have been impressed by how well it works. Of course I'm on xbox 1 so it doesnt run as well as on PC. It lags some times but that's it. But iv been telling my friends that ark works again.  Because iv encountered next to no problems. 

They have shown interest in this new map. Iv learned that this crystal iso map is a work in progress.  Which is a bummer but, I hope it has no glitches because that's just going to upset my friends again and I'll be left playing ark by myself.