bee nerf makes no sense

HiImZech

bee nerf makes no sense

even as a permanent turret its only credit as base defense is summoning the other dinos to fight whatever's at the door.

the drone bees doesn't hurt but harass runners

bees tames at max level 7 and doesn't even level up how do you even make it viable as a proper base defense?

turrets are just way better even though they have a placement limit

wc please stop weaponizing everything we talk about and nerf it

you're making taming bees much harder with it

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Actually I think it will be easier, if I read it correctly. Now you just need to kill her small bees until she is below 10% and then she won't spawn anymore and you can walk right up and feed her kibble with ease.

Yep that's also the way that I read it as well. I think it will make it easier as long as the beehives glitch has been fixed anyway. Not tamed any in a while. But having to run around destroying 10's of stacked bees nests was rather annoying

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Actually I think it will be easier, if I read it correctly. Now you just need to kill her small bees until she is below 10% and then she won't spawn anymore and you can walk right up and feed her kibble with ease.

wouldn't that lower the taming efficiency? not that it matters anyway but there are always purist around

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, HiImZech said:

bee nerf makes no sense

even as a permanent turret its only credit as base defense is summoning the other dinos to fight whatever's at the door.

the drone bees doesn't hurt but harass runners

bees tames at max level 7 and doesn't even level up how do you even make it viable as a proper base defense?

turrets are just way better even though they have a placement limit

wc please stop weaponizing everything we talk about and nerf it

you're making taming bees much harder with it

Since their focus seems to be on optimizations lately I would tend to guess that it was being abused as a meta and had to be limited for performance reasons. A single bee spamming drones can be okay, but imagine hundreds of them spamming thousands of drones that are all independently ticking. Safe to assume this would drain a lot of resource. Would be different is they were implemented like the bugs on Genesis, where they are a single actor rather than multiples, etc.

4 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Since their focus seems to be on optimizations lately I would tend to guess that it was being abused as a meta and had to be limited for performance reasons. A single bee spamming drones can be okay, but imagine hundreds of them spamming thousands of drones that are all independently ticking. Safe to assume this would drain a lot of resource. Would be different is they were implemented like the bugs on Genesis, where they are a single actor rather than multiples, etc.

in that case why not change the amount of drones a bee can spam and limit the amount of drones in an area?

a lot of ticking is being employed in the server. if they will just remove certain stuff from ticking down it will really help a lot to both server and players

Archived