Leveling up early on in the game

Hi,

I'm very new to the game (just got my first Pteranodon and pretty excited!), and I need to get to level 38 to get a saddle for my ptera. Wondering what the fastest way to level up is without dying immediately. I also just gained some tek parasaurs and a ptera and need heaps of hide to make a saddle for them. Ive seen lots of people say to get a sabertooth, but im such a low level, I'm not ready yet... I know I'll die immediately!

Thanks in advance!

?

best advice is to build structures, find explorer notes, and to attack low level stuff. You might even try your hand at fishing and see if you can get a couple of good items or maybe if your lucky enough to find the ingredients for it, the rhino horn and black pearls, for the broth of enlightenment...….if you are so lucky to get those ingredients, try to locate a couple explorer notes, but do not pop em open till you get 2 or 3 of em spotted up, then get some stuff together to do some heavy duty crafting. Black berries and meat for narco, stone and flint for spark powder. Stone, thatch, and wood for stone building parts, and then prepare for a home run.....hit the broth, smack the explorer notes, throw down some narco and spark powder, then build whatever you can.

If you can manage a run in with a very low level alpha raptor, might even pursue that too.....

At that point in time, you should be near lvl 50

8 hours ago, Crunchiekitty said:

Hi,

I'm very new to the game (just got my first Pteranodon and pretty excited!), and I need to get to level 38 to get a saddle for my ptera. Wondering what the fastest way to level up is without dying immediately. I also just gained some tek parasaurs and a ptera and need heaps of hide to make a saddle for them. Ive seen lots of people say to get a sabertooth, but im such a low level, I'm not ready yet... I know I'll die immediately!

Thanks in advance!

?

go to island and collect notes within 30mins ive gone from level 1 to 65

12 hours ago, Crunchiekitty said:

Ive seen lots of people say to get a sabertooth, but im such a low level, I'm not ready yet... I know I'll die immediately!

you can bola the saber,  or build a small ramp trap (where the wall opposite the ramp is 1 wall higher) to pull the saber in.   you can run just as fast  as the saber with default speed, so no worries about it catching you unless you get stuck on a rock.  north side of redwood forest on island map has a few good spots for argoing them into ramp traps at low level.

Bola a pteranodon or two, and some paras and dilos too, tame them, and kill like a million things and use para to get narcoberries... make narcotics, then when your high enough level get a sling shot, and tame a trike, just make sure there aren’t other trikes around... then you have more attack and he gathers berries better!

Start crafting/ farming for things you will need later on. For example narcotics and metal ingots. You will need thousands of each for stuff so start collecting them. 

Also if you have a base location, look at what you need to craft the industrial grinder. (You need a lot of things) go farm all of that so when you get to that level you can craft it straight away. Getting all those materials will get you a few levels, and when you can craft the grinder, craft it and then fill it with stone, then grind all that stone into flint for more experience. 

Going forward after that look towards the chemistry bench. With that you can use all the flint you have ground up with a lot of stone to make spark powder. With that spark powder you can make gunpowder(also at the chemistry bench) you can also make a lot of narcotics there too. 

Doing all of that will very quickly level you up into the late 80s/mid 90s 

The grinder and chemistry bench are experience machines. 

Get yourself a doedic and a berry collector to keep them busy and you’ll have a lot of levels. 

47 minutes ago, dalextm said:

Tame a megatherium or dire bear, buy someone with ingots a anti-gas mask, and go to the cave of the immune artifact with the bonus of an explorer note, you go up to lvl 70 in a single race.

this guy, this guy right here. 

No joke, you will level the wholy beejubus up in a matter of no time, but you might wanna get a high level tamed megatherium or froggy first. Do not try this on foot....Im playing a very basic game, highest level tamable critter I find is 40, the bugs in that cave can go over 250! You and your tame will level up in no time, just beware of the gas and keep an eye on your tames health. Either that or get a throw away dino and go for a suicide run….go into cave, beat the crap outa bugs, die, get free exp.

Heck, the more I think about it, getting the broth of enlightenment, and a honest full blown swamp cave run should see you clear to lvl 100

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2020 at 17:36, wizard03 said:

this guy, this guy right here. 

No joke, you will level the wholy beejubus up in a matter of no time, but you might wanna get a high level tamed megatherium or froggy first. Do not try this on foot....Im playing a very basic game, highest level tamable critter I find is 40, the bugs in that cave can go over 250! You and your tame will level up in no time, just beware of the gas and keep an eye on your tames health. Either that or get a throw away dino and go for a suicide run….go into cave, beat the crap outa bugs, die, get free exp.

Heck, the more I think about it, getting the broth of enlightenment, and a honest full blown swamp cave run should see you clear to lvl 100

Try this method again on a new character using explorer note + broth of enlightenment + Extinction Chronicles and I went up to level 93 in a single race cleaning the entire cave, this method is crazy, this was tested on an official server.

Archived