New W.I.P Modded Map : Oceania

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2020 at 10:14 AM, wizdawizard66 said:

Hello again! I Havent been on for a while! I just wanted to say, that I think you should make underwater caves with oxygen pockets, because you are literally in the middle of the ocean. Also, make a new creature instead of water wyverns and water drakes. I think that a seaserpent would be great. Also, you gotta make something just like the raptor. I have noticed that kelp and sea berries and water based things will be the reasorces. But, then the survivor will have to dive underwater to get them. This could make it really hard. Also, levling might be tricky, so make sure to add tons of explorer notes!

Underwater caves with air are planned, there will be many other creatures than just drakes and wyverns, there will probably be eels or snakes or serpents of some kind, I’m not sure what you mean by something like the raptor, would you care to elaborate what elements u would like to see if the raptor? Yes these will be resources, and diving will have many new items and creatures to help with breath, it is planned that you actually spend more time in water than on land, as I don’t plan to add ANY metal nodes on land. The land will also be very limited(a problem I see is some of the things[Power generators] that don’t work underwater.). And the seas will be safer in areas like coral reefs and seaweed forests. I’m not sure why you assume leveling would be tricky, there will be plenty of creatures around easy enough too kill, things to harvest and build. But yes there will be a fair amount of ENs anyway.

On 8/30/2020 at 10:43 AM, Cowgirl said:

Horse shoe crabs should also give some kind of healing affect, IRL we use a lot of horse shoe crab blood in medicine. 

Intresting ideas, this is a good idea to consider, thanks. @Bigchingus7890

On 8/30/2020 at 10:44 AM, Cowgirl said:

Star fish throwing stars (Maybe you can alter the boomerang)

Maybe a skin if we ever hold an even? 🏝

lastly, all the aquatic emojis I can find! 🐙🦑🦐🦞🦀🐡🐠🐟🐬🐳🐋🦈 

Oh and before we release Oceania, I am making a mini map to better develop my map making and model making skills, this map has 6 biomes: Mountains, Plain, Forest(with snowy mountain), Desert, Ice spikes and Ocean! I’m expecting this to be released as a Christmas treat, but I might finish faster or later, so look for turkeys and fireworks(new year not 4th)

🦕🐀🦕🦗🦖🦐

Im calling it Pentagon cus it’s a square decided into 5 pizzas with a circle(Ocean) in the middle.

27 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Underwater caves with air are planned, there will be many other creatures than just drakes and wyverns, there will probably be eels or snakes or serpents of some kind, I’m not sure what you mean by something like the raptor, would you care to elaborate what elements u would like to see if the raptor? Yes these will be resources, and diving will have many new items and creatures to help with breath, it is planned that you actually spend more time in water than on land, as I don’t plan to add ANY metal nodes on land. The land will also be very limited(a problem I see is some of the things[Power generators] that don’t work underwater.). And the seas will be safer in areas like coral reefs and seaweed forests. I’m not sure why you assume leveling would be tricky, there will be plenty of creatures around easy enough too kill, things to harvest and build. But yes there will be a fair amount of ENs anyway.

Intresting ideas, this is a good idea to consider, thanks. @Bigchingus7890

Maybe a skin if we ever hold an even? 🏝

lastly, all the aquatic emojis I can find! 🐙🦑🦐🦞🦀🐡🐠🐟🐬🐳🐋🦈 

Maybe add a water metal that you substitute for metal. And when I say raptor, I mean a annoying creature that makes ark, ark. I also have an idea for a creature. Maybe you can passively feed something, and it gives you eggs. Not stealing, but it actually lays an egg for you. Get it? That could make the map very unique. I have a couple of ideas for my own DLC, but I am no where near equipped for much programming. But I am full of ideas, so if you want, I could share a lot!

38 minutes ago, wizdawizard66 said:

Maybe add a water metal that you substitute for metal. And when I say raptor, I mean a annoying creature that makes ark, ark. I also have an idea for a creature. Maybe you can passively feed something, and it gives you eggs. Not stealing, but it actually lays an egg for you. Get it? That could make the map very unique. I have a couple of ideas for my own DLC, but I am no where near equipped for much programming. But I am full of ideas, so if you want, I could share a lot!

What's wrong with normal metal? Also I can help u and teach u a bit about blender and Dev Kit!  Also good idea for a creature, I'm not sure we will add it, I'd say we probably reached the threshold of new creatures for Oceania, but new ideas are definitely always welcome! Maybe we will switch or modify a creature to ideas!

4 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

What's wrong with normal metal? Also I can help u and teach u a bit about blender and Dev Kit!  Also good idea for a creature, I'm not sure we will add it, I'd say we probably reached the threshold of new creatures for Oceania, but new ideas are definitely always welcome! Maybe we will switch or modify a creature to ideas!

Actually I ment I have like no coding experience at all. I'm in 6th grade. Soooooo. Yea

On 9/17/2020 at 4:40 PM, wizdawizard66 said:

Actually I ment I have like no coding experience at all. I'm in 6th grade. Soooooo. Yea

That’s fine, Dev kit and Blender aren’t really like coding, while some principals and understanding of coding could potentially help, there isn’t strictly any true coding and it wouldn’t help WAY to much. And also pretty much anyone over 6 or so can learn to use this stuff, maybe not well, and maybe very impatiently(which is a problem, especially with mediocre-poor computers) but in both, once you learn enough, almost anything is makable! I started with a basic knowledge of coding and it didn’t really help at all, a true advantage is having others in the community and such helping you out!

On 9/21/2020 at 11:34 AM, Dinobros2000 said:

That’s fine, Dev kit and Blender aren’t really like coding, while some principals and understanding of coding could potentially help, there isn’t strictly any true coding and it wouldn’t help WAY to much. And also pretty much anyone over 6 or so can learn to use this stuff, maybe not well, and maybe very impatiently(which is a problem, especially with mediocre-poor computers) but in both, once you learn enough, almost anything is makable! I started with a basic knowledge of coding and it didn’t really help at all, a true advantage is having others in the community and such helping you out!

Well, some of my ideas will probably require coding, and probably animation as well. But I can try, when I get my PC. 

2 minutes ago, wizdawizard66 said:

Well, some of my ideas will probably require coding, and probably animation as well. But I can try, when I get my PC. 

I don’t know what or how dev kit would require coding, and if it did you could learn it, or ask the community, and animation and custom models ECT. Can be made in a free program called blender, it’s really powerfull and cool

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It’s been awhile since I posted here, but now to recap everything that’s been going on here:

Euoplocephalus the tanky anky has been coded and is working in game. The models for, Corythosuarus, mystery dino, and lobster are all done and started to be coded! Tarbosuarus, the fifth and final dino is in the animation stage and is nearing completion. The map biomes are mostly done except a few resources and creatures spawns. Battle music has been made for the map. Cement structures are being developed, with a Foundation, wall, ceiling, door, doorframe, and pillar upon release. The models for the crafting stations to make these structures and the items to make em are in various stages of completion. The rest of the set will come in later updates. For Oceania, a solid amount of creature models have been made or are being worked on, can’t revel too much just yet. We also now have a roadmap so u guys can kinda see the progress creeping along, and what u can expect in upcoming updates, and what past update have added! It’s still a little WIP just like almost everything. Also request for a link to our discord for more constant updates, teasers and info!(on my profile, I belive posting discord links is against the rules in general forms.. why I didn’t link it bellow)

12 hours ago, GordoGoH said:

I didn't know this was a thing, I am now glad I know this is a thing, I probably wont play on the thing for a while after its release because my Xbox hood jameles will put a gun to my head if I left them, but I will eventually give the thing a go, the thing looks interesting, I like the thing, the thing 😌

Coolio. U referring to Oceania or pentagon? Also. Pronoun game! 
also also, update on what I’m doing, (pentagon) fixed an annoying persistent bug, renamed things and fixed a few spelling errors, and started to add mats to the map that it’s still missing(Obsidian, Crystal, element, silica, sap, more) also still need to get tempature for biomes working(along with custom music track), add some bridges for the rivers, dino spawners, and some other things here and there.

8 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Coolio. U referring to Oceania or pentagon? Also. Pronoun game! 
also also, update on what I’m doing, (pentagon) fixed an annoying persistent bug, renamed things and fixed a few spelling errors, and started to add mats to the map that it’s still missing(Obsidian, Crystal, element, silica, sap, more) also still need to get tempature for biomes working(along with custom music track), add some bridges for the rivers, dino spawners, and some other things here and there.

i like both, they both look interesting and different

Archived