New W.I.P Modded Map : Oceania

New W.I.P Modded Map : Oceania

Hey everyone, my friend is going to be building a map for ARK: Survival Evolved called Oceania. The map is going to be based around the water. Unlike other maps, 90% of this map will be water, with only a very tiny portion of 10% being devoted to land. Of the land that does exist, most will be in the form of underwater caves, with a few underwater bubbles and some sandbar islands here and there, but THAT'S IT! The map will have several unique locations to help build a base in, new structures, vehicles, creatures, items, resources and weapons to help with living sustainably underwater and exploring early game. Brainstormers and writers aside, we currently only have 1 single person that is working on modeling creatures and building the map. If anyone has a good enough pc, the dev kit, and experience with modeling creatures or map making, we would love to have you on the team!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Less then 10%..... also hi I’m friend, and the one who can actually use dev kit...

To be clear, a good computer is qualified as an

1. i5 intel core processor or better
  2. 16 GB ram
  3. 1 terabyte storage
  4. and one of the following; Graphics card gt 710 or better, SSD drive insted of HHD drive 

? much preferably better!

• 2 weeks later...

Ark: Oceania is soon to be under development! Explore a vast new landscape with a plethora of new creatures to tame, biomes to explore, resources to use, items and structures to craft, and make even with a new story to follow! Interact with new creatures like Onchopristis, Sea drake, Sea dragon, helicorprion, Umbrafish and more! Explore landscapes like coral reefs, underwater plains, delta sandbars, massive spires, seaweed forests, and icy water! Craft new items and tools like a diving armor set, pontoon foundations, water crop plots, and a coral building set! Employ new resources like Blubber, Seaweed and Pure Coral! Expand your ark universe, by going down!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/5/2020 at 8:41 PM, SlipperySquid said:

Are you basing it of the real world oceanic region or just calling it oceania?

I thought it might have something to do with the place Oceania too when I first clicked on it. It might be a bit confusing for some people. 

For ideas, how about lots of caves with pockets of air, like resource caves, but much bigger. They could have glowing crystals with Aberration gems, plus mushrooms on the ground. Perfect places for late game bases. Maybe also kelp forests, with kelp harvestable for "kelp wood" (like fungal wood, works as normal wood, but can make special things), and thatch.

9 hours ago, DodoRaptor said:

I thought it might have something to do with the place Oceania too when I first clicked on it. It might be a bit confusing for some people. 

For ideas, how about lots of caves with pockets of air, like resource caves, but much bigger. They could have glowing crystals with Aberration gems, plus mushrooms on the ground. Perfect places for late game bases. Maybe also kelp forests, with kelp harvestable for "kelp wood" (like fungal wood, works as normal wood, but can make special things), and thatch.

those sound like a great idea. I'll pass em on to the creator

On 8/5/2020 at 5:41 PM, SlipperySquid said:

Are you basing it of the real world oceanic region or just calling it oceania?

umm not of the lost city, but i guess we could add it as an easter egg? its just a big water map with diffrent biomes

On 8/6/2020 at 8:30 PM, DodoRaptor said:

i can see that

hmm, large caves with air pockets.. abberation caves, and kelp, well most of these ideas are alreading thought of by us, and special things made of it too, thanks still tho

p.s. i am a modder/modeler for the mod

On 8/6/2020 at 11:30 PM, DodoRaptor said:

Pillar Coral will be a new resource that can be used instead of wood. Kelp can be used as a fiber substitute, can grow food on it (aquatic berries) and can be used to make bandages (and is a taming food). Also, a large majority of the maps land will be in the form of moonpool caves.

On 8/18/2020 at 4:19 PM, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

Pillar Coral will be a new resource that can be used instead of wood. Kelp can be used as a fiber substitute, can grow food on it (aquatic berries) and can be used to make bandages (and is a taming food). Also, a large majority of the maps land will be in the form of moonpool caves.

*sea weed and sea bushes, I guess the resource web is kinda complex 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again! I Havent been on for a while! I just wanted to say, that I think you should make underwater caves with oxygen pockets, because you are literally in the middle of the ocean. Also, make a new creature instead of water wyverns and water drakes. I think that a seaserpent would be great. Also, you gotta make something just like the raptor. I have noticed that kelp and sea berries and water based things will be the reasorces. But, then the survivor will have to dive underwater to get them. This could make it really hard. Also, levling might be tricky, so make sure to add tons of explorer notes!

Archived