Thank You WildCard!

Crows

Thank You WildCard!

I'm glad that you aren't allowing flyers and Managarmr's in Genesis when transfers open up. This was one of my biggest concerns because Griffins and Managarmr's are too overpowered on official PvP servers. Allowing Gigas is actually a great idea too because now we'll have good old Giga vs Giga fights rather than *Spend over a week raising a Giga only to be picked by a Griffin and Flamethrowed to death.* scenario that's very common in PvP these days. Yeah, your giga can still enrage and there it goes, but it'll at least go out in a fight. 

The only concern is Rock Drakes, Tek Rock Drakes to be exact, but I suppose there has to be some counters to bases that are built high up, so fair enough. 

So far, in my opinion, despite what many will say, Genesis has been the best map on Ark. HLNA shop feature is also a massive plus and it helps a ton. Missions are fun and usually rewarding, and loot crates are just right. GG 

8 hours ago, alex9er said:

I adore this map but honestly mission campers and the fact that you don't have a protection after being teleported to your destination annoys me

This. As a solo player on official pvp servers, I have tried to do beta missions after weeks of breeding only to me ransacked by 15 man mega tribes with tek-rexes. immediately after completion.

On 5/12/2020 at 4:10 PM, alex9er said:

pvp can sometimes be really depressing especially on genesis but it can also be fun

I cannot find a single moment where PVP could be fun... Alone the lag and poorly optimised game is enough to destroy every single PVP aspect.  Then there is a long list of meshing, mega tribes, duping, aimbotting, unbalanced items and broken mechanics etc. 

There's nothing wrong with the PVP environment.  It's been the same since the advent of all sandbox MMOs.  There's no controlled instance.  It's a playground for griefing.  If you understand and accept this then your experience wont be miserable.  Some people aren't willing to accept this and that's fine.  That's why we have PVE servers filled with mega bases in every direction you look.  Totally natural.  ?  A sandbox full of people, ways to kill other people, but the inability to do so.  No balance to server resources through conflict and destruction.

There's no way to truly balance uncontrolled sandbox pvp.  Not 25 years ago.  Not today.  Not 30 years from now.

Archived