breeding Breeding for mutations am i doing it right ?

ItWasntMe

Breeding for mutations am i doing it right ?

Ok i had two clean 275  pters same stats which i bread and got a 277 male mutated melee, i replaced the 277 male with the 275 clean male and continued to breed with the clean females, i have 24 clean 275 females, im expecting 279 baby is that correct because if so im not getting them im only getting 277 or 275 babies.

If the mutation you got is in hp, and you get another baby with a new mutation in melee that didnt inherit the hp mutation, it will still be lvl 277 but with another mutation.

Also mutations dont always carry over to the babys, thats why you are getting 275 babys.

But if you get a baby that has the mutated stat + a new mutation, it will be lvl 279

Yeah you're doing everything right, just keep breeding them and eventually you'll get another mutation, just check the 277's as it's possible for them to get the female's melee and mutate another stat

What I like to do is split my females into 2 groups, one with the original base male and one with the mutated, keep any clean females you get from the base male and add them to the breeding pool when they're mature, kill off any males you get apart from any with a new mutation in a stat you want and start a new line with them

For pteras I try for hp, stam, weight & melee so I end up with 4 lines then combine them once I'm happy with the stats or bored with it, just try and keep pumping out clean females with the base stats as the more you get the greater chance you have of getting mutations, it's down to the rng

I also tame a load of trash females to breed with the mutated males as their level/stats don't matter, once I have a male with a mutation all I'm looking for is to mutate that one stat even further so the female's are irrelevant

2 minutes ago, Baklap said:

If the mutation you got is in hp, and you get another baby with a new mutation in melee that didnt inherit the hp mutation, it will still be lvl 277 but with another mutation.

Also mutations dont always carry over to the babys, thats why you are getting 275 babys.

But if you get a baby that has the mutated stat + a new mutation, it will be lvl 279

ok thx m8 suppose i will have to keep breeding and killing then until i get lucky.

Just now, Baklap said:

You export every baby to smart breeding to check for mutations? Weow

I use mods that show me the stats in game.

But unless you only ever plan to breed 1 creature, it easier to think in terms of stat points instead of %. Points are the save for everything. % are different for each creature.

Spotting mutations is really only easiest at the start.  You see the level difference first time and you know you got something.  But later on , you use that new mutated male, and see the higher level on a baby, but now it could be one w/ that stat, or it got the lower stat w/ a new one mutated so now you don't know right away what you have.    It's simplest and fastest to breed fast and ask questions later.  Use a level 5 female, clone 50 copies, and mate away.  You can level up all the females in food so they don't starve right away, and you can cut costs and time down on building the harem.  You will be able to spot pretty quickly most of the time what you get since you won't always have to go do a check on 6 different stats.  You'll get babies with maybe 1 or 2 of the high stats and rest crap, makes it faster overall not having to look down the list every time to verify mutations.

If say you make 4 different studs, one w/ the hp , one w/ the stam....  if the studs were say the level 5 stats from the females from earlier with just the spike in the desired stat, your babies will come out w/ 4 possible outcomes (assuming 40 points in hp) level 5, level 7 , level 45 , level 47.   You can throw away everything that isn't level 47 that round and only look at the lvl 47...  this is a general case, there's caveats here but that's what people use level one females for.  babies come out lvl 1, 1+2 , or 1 + the stat, or 1 + stat + 2 for a new mutation you might want, you only look at the highest value and rest are trash.

Archived