Dev-kit feedback

Plunders

Dev-kit feedback

Hey wildcard, as a long time ark fan who downloaded your dev-kit recently i have some remarks, I don't know if you can even edit the dev-kit or if it's a hardcoded clone on EU, I'd love you could change it, cause it's unnessesarily hard to use if you want to make a map (think about how few modders actually make maps, and how few actually succeed)

Foliage: It's infuriating, we basicly get unfinished assets that need TONS of work before even 1 variation of 1 rock can even be placed. (it's annoying cause you already made and set them up)

Suggestion: Make the foliage in the editor finished and placeable with the vanilla game settings. Make dropdown menu to the foliage called "new custom foliage", and only then would you have to edit 30 fields of info.

Blueprint/your triggers/scripts: this is simply EU's way of scripting, it's fine, but you can make it easier for us.

Suggestion: When you have an empty sheet in the script, why not add some automated buttons somewhere? like "generate SE weather", "generate Island weather", "generate water script",  "generate player spawns", basicly a ton of different versions of this (they should include variables and functions), cause opening the island next to your own map and copy paste is SUCH a mess, the game already have these codes and settings, but again we have to go through loops to even replicate it.

Edit: Martinee maps could use this function aswell, again you already made it, why is it not available in the files, but needs to get recreated from scratch...

These are just my suggestions, feel free to add your own feedback in this thread.

The dev kit just needs some easier ways to get started, I've had the kit for 2 weeks, and i'm still setting up stuff, not even begun on the actual map, it's empty, but there's so many setting to get through before it's even worth sculpting a landscape - It's great that the option to change anything is there, but templates would be nice xD

Archived