Restrict how many pets a tribe is allowed to have out.

Jemcrystal

Suggestion

There are players who are refusing to cryo their pets.  They just leave them out on display for bragging rights.  Hundreds of pets.  I think it is time to crack down on this.  WC cannot afford the cost of constantly replacing server hardware.  Please put a restriction on tribes/players they can have only 50 dinos outside of cryo at a time. 

More complex an idea would be to offer rewards for keeping your pets cryo'd.  Say a tribe has gone one month without releasing more than 15 pets at a given time they receive a tribal boost to all rates for a week.   Perhaps get rid of increased rates for all on official servers.  No more holiday or weekend bonus.  Instead make tribes earn their increased rates personally by good server behavior.

Official pve only.

4 replies to this server topic

Honestly, I get what you are saying, but I cannot agree. 

Depending on the reason or method, you are essentially saying that someones hard work and effort should be locked up because you don't like the lag. Ark is a time consuming game, and if they have put in that time, they should be allowed to do what they wish with the work that they have put into it. 

Everyone plays the game differently and you are putting down the way that they do so. 

Trust me, I have been on both sides of this argument. I once had 30 different colored thylas and over 60 different colored snow owls proudly out on display. Colors were found through both taming and mutations. It took months to get everything together waiting for events and for things to come out with breeding. And the cost was that my base was as laggy as hell. 

So after a bit I attempted to clean up the lag a bit and started using the Taxidermy Bases to skin my creatures and put them on display that way. Named and labeled. And it worked, as long as I had the space to do so. 

Which is why instead of saying "Please put a restriction on tribes/players they can have only 50 dinos outside of cryo at a time. " as you are, I would suggest you come up with more viable methods than a give them a cryofridge use-boost. 

And because I do not like to suggest a fix with out suggestion methods to do so; 

• Egg Collection Chamber: Add Egg collectors to the game. By placing a male and female creature in the machine while in cryopods they would generate eggs at the same rate as they would out of the cryopods and then those eggs would be stored until collected by players. An upgraded version may include the ability to add on cryo-slots for additional females in order to produce eggs. This would eliminate the need for creatures to be sitting out for egg collection. The suggested level to which this should be added would most likely be at the high end industrial levels (80+) with the upgraded version being available at the tek levels. 
  • Additional Creature Display Options: If part of the reason they are being left out is due to how they look, as they were with my collection, then perhaps they should add in methods to display them. Such a...
    • Display Cabinets. Each skin added would add a chibi-sized version to the cabinet 
    • Virtual Displays. Tek level displays that allow you to upload skins, or "scans", of the creatures so that you can flip through them to see the creatures. A set limit of scans added could be listed or like the Tek dedicated storage's, it would only allow one type of creature.
    • Cryofridge Virtual Displays. Taken from the previous note, a display stand of sorts would be placed in connection with a cryofridge and it would cycle through images of the creatures in the cryofridge. 
    • Display Shelves. Similar to the cabinets, but the images would be slightly larger, sort of like a trophy shelf, and a limited number of creatures skins could fit on the shelf. 
    • Upgraded Taxidermy Stations. Give them a more modern appearance to better fit in with those that build at the metal or tek levels. Perhaps with a glass case. 

As for the methods previously suggested;

On 5/6/2020 at 6:39 PM, invincibleqc said:

Although I believe the capping issue has been mainly resolved with the cryopods and the kibbles rework, if somehow this is still an actual issue on some PvE servers, then the next steps forward would be to find a solution for mass breeding. If we evaluate the current need of having a lot of creatures, the main thing comes to: breeding. What about some sort of Tek Breeding Machine that allow you to upload the DNA of a single male, the DNA of multiple females, some empty frozen embryo pods that would get filled with a baby that you could throw and raise at your convenience? I'm sure something like that would reduce the tames across all PvE servers by at least 50% and would probably improve the terrible lags they are currently suffering. Once something like that is introduced, reduce tame limit and possibly server limit as this is clear they cannot endure 9,500 creatures.

I think it would depend on a few variables. Does this include only eggs or live births? Does this include infant read outs - will you get to view their stats? Will you get to view any color mutations? Do you have to throw out every infant/egg to view that information? Will it be effected by unofficial rates and settings or will it be logging those which exist officially? What is the suggested size of the constructing? Is it an "active" item like the replicator which creates more lag or an inactive item? Will the infants/eggs stack up or does it keep them in holding until you collect them to generate the next?  Everyone breeds a bit differently, and depending on how they are answered would determine how many of the players I play with would utilize the suggested item. Some being for and others with the current method of breeding. 

If these questions are answered on the post from which is was pulled, please provide the link if you can. I would love to read over it as a whole. 

On 5/6/2020 at 6:01 PM, Jemcrystal said:

More complex an idea would be to offer rewards for keeping your pets cryo'd.  Say a tribe has gone one month without releasing more than 15 pets at a given time they receive a tribal boost to all rates for a week.   Perhaps get rid of increased rates for all on official servers.  No more holiday or weekend bonus.  Instead make tribes earn their increased rates personally by good server behavior.

This method is extremely limiting for many reasons, as I will go over below? 

Then there is your use of the word "Pets". What do you consider a pet? Are you referring to all creatures? Are you referring to a certain selection of creatures? Or are you referring to having multiples of the same creature out and about? Is there a size restriction as to what you would consider a pet? 

Because for some, there is a reason. My tribe has 20 element dust gacha's out that we have worked like crazy to breed out. Your limiters statement would say that I would have to put five away and never have another creature out at any point in time. 

Or there are the use of pack animals. Say you want to take your wolves, ravagers, raptors, or deinonychus out. They all receive boosts as a group, so it would make more sense to take them out that way. Are you saying we would now have to cryopod the gacha's even further in order to take the packs out?

Then their are the shinepets. Are they included? If each tribe-mate has one, that would take away from how many creatures you could have out in a group. We have 6 on one map. So that would mean then that we could only have 9 other creatures out on the whole map? 

Now I am not trying to be mean, I am actually assuming that this suggestion is merely a quick thought and that you did not mean to apply a limiter of 15 creatures out of pods. That it was just a number that came to mind or one that perhaps you use based on how you play the game. And be that the case or not, the scenarios described above are general statements that would in fact, force many tribes go against your 15 count limit simply based on how one of the tribes I am in play the game. And I am sure that if you applied a 50 count limit or even a 100 count limit, based on how others play the game and the sizes of their tribes - they too would come to the same conclusion... I guess we will never have boosted rates again. 

A cleaner option would probably be to give the cryofridges themselves a boost. Give the players a reason to keep them in there as opposed to sitting in the yard. More passive experience? Faster healing? Some sort of incentive for the use of the cryofridges over the use of keeping creatures in the yard. Mix that with a virtual display, the egg chambers, and possibly the breeding chamber (depending); and I would imagine that for some, not all, but some, you would see a few cleaner yards out there. I would never say all, but perhaps a higher count. Everyone plays the game differently and because of that, some will stick to the old ways because it is how they like to play the game and it makes sense to them. 

Those are just my thoughts though. Like I said, I get it, but I am not sure what you are offering or suggesting is a legitimate method without some further planning and information. 

• Volunteer Moderator
33 minutes ago, Jemcrystal said:

There are players who are refusing to cryo their pets.  They just leave them out on display for bragging rights.  Hundreds of pets.  I think it is time to crack down on this.  WC cannot afford the cost of constantly replacing server hardware.  Please put a restriction on tribes/players they can have only 50 dinos outside of cryo at a time. 

Official pve only.

Perhaps you should stop focusing on what others are doing. ?

17 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Might as well just remove breeding from the game.

That's too radical. I would rather prefer, as I suggested into another thread:

Although I believe the capping issue has been mainly resolved with the cryopods and the kibbles rework, if somehow this is still an actual issue on some PvE servers, then the next steps forward would be to find a solution for mass breeding. If we evaluate the current need of having a lot of creatures, the main thing comes to: breeding. What about some sort of Tek Breeding Machine that allow you to upload the DNA of a single male, the DNA of multiple females, some empty frozen embryo pods that would get filled with a baby that you could throw and raise at your convenience? I'm sure something like that would reduce the tames across all PvE servers by at least 50% and would probably improve the terrible lags they are currently suffering. Once something like that is introduced, reduce tame limit and possibly server limit as this is clear they cannot endure 9,500 creatures.

Archived