Extinction kiting remove corrupted structure damage on pve

ArronD

We're talking about PVE, not PVP. People go on PVE maps because they don't want to have to build lots of defenses - or, to be more precise, we don't want to build PVP-style to defend our stuff against other players. (If someone builds right in the spawn zone of the corrupted dinos and the dinos demolish their base, that's pure PVE - no reason to complain. But that's not what was happening here.) Now, I do think some defenses are always going to be needed, because there are always going to be jerks who find ways to grief - that's just the way it is - but in the case of those corrupted gigas, the entire mechanic is just very clearly broken for PVE. That they allowed this to continue for as long as they did is mind-boggling.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, zero064 said:

Aren't all nearby structures destroyed once you complete the defence?

Honestly, I don't know. I'd never bothered to build any since the corrupted do extra damage to them. But, if that is true than my concerns are unwarranted. Can anyone confirm?

(fyi... I flew around yesterday and didn't see the expected landrush, so that is encouraging)

5 hours ago, zero064 said:

Aren't all nearby structures destroyed once you complete the defence?

Yes but you can still build some cheeky doorframes a bit furtger away to stop dinos from getting to the drop and I believe the structures are not in range to be destroyed. Also since this is a PvE change it depends on how the demolish interacts with offlineraid protected structures.

1 minute ago, Ganelon said:

Honestly, I don't know. I'd never bothered to build any since the corrupted do extra damage to them. But, if that is true than my concerns are unwarranted. Can anyone confirm?

(fyi... I flew around yesterday and didn't see the expected landrush, so that is encouraging)

Yeah anything inside the initial forcefield perimeter gets blown up. But you can still build outside of it and most importantly build with an alt tribe so as to always have these structures ORP'd. Even before these changes I remember seeing some stacked doorframes around purple OSD spots on a few servers.

Archived