Extinction kiting remove corrupted structure damage on pve

ArronD

Extinction kiting remove corrupted structure damage on pve

If you arent goin to fix the kiting problem on extinction then change the corrupted until you do. I've had 3 friends bases destroyed in the last couple days. A kiter known on all ps4 pve facebook groups is still active making his rounds on extinction servers. 1030 was hit yesterday and 991 today. His tribe is just one of dozens of kiter tribes. They travel from server to server teleporting gigas into peoples bases (no it's not fixed on extinction shut your tps off) and reap the rewards without consequence. Fix the corrupted until you can bother to fix the kiting

1008 on ps4 pve was also hit the other day. They lost everything despite having defenses. Taking the wind up of offline damage away might would help a little as it seems like they count on that span of time between log off and offline damage actually kicking in to drop corrupted into bases to start dealing damage which racks up quickly especially if they've gotten more than one corrupted giga at your door or in your yard.

They failed heavily with the corrupted dinos. It's like no one at Wildcard/Snail Games thought about griefing, kiting, stealing and everything else you can do with corrupted.

How is it even possible to ignore such a major flaw? It's such a gigantic flaw considering that the fast majority of players are on PVE.

Not only didn't they think about the possibility, they nearly did nothing to change the issue and left it just as it is. The only thing they have actually done is disable the wild dino teleport. I'm not even sure if they did it because of the griefers on Extinction but at least they FINALLY disabled it after a year of people teleporting corrupted gigas around.

I heard people started using tek skiffs to grief other now but it seems they disabled it as well but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe someone can confirm this? 

Let's just hope they change something about the corrupted and don't just leave it as it is.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i Thought they fixed the issue but me and our friend lost allot of stuff to this just yesterday makes me really sad all the stuff they took while we where out doing a osd it’s on me for not having defenses I suppose but pve I don’t really feel like I should have to defend against other players >.> when I play on the pve server I don’t want to fight people I do that when I log on to my pvp servers I play wish they would fix it =(

On 5/29/2020 at 4:18 PM, GrumpyBear said:

All they really need to do is tie their ability to break stuff to areas only effected by the meteor showers.   Should be the easiest thing they could do to fix it since it doesn’t really require them to create a whole new mechanism to check.  There’s already one in place for the meteor showers.

Yea that seems like it would do it. But preventing wild dino teleports also seemed like it'd do it, how are they getting around that now?

• 5 months later...

Pc 492 got hit by this a couple bases have been hit by corrupted,  492 is my main server ever since the map came out and people have done this for 2 years, I don't understand why this is still a problem, please do something about it!. one of my friends got hit with a corrupted giga and they took over 1500 cryo dinos we reported but W/C wants video proof like yeah man when we are in a panic the first thing ill do is hit record REALLY?

he took pictures of the guy and the name but your know they have 123 as their steam name so....

On 8/26/2020 at 8:22 PM, sjskdjkfa said:

Yea that seems like it would do it. But preventing wild dino teleports also seemed like it'd do it, how are they getting around that now?

they can freeze the gigas and then move them with skiffs.  That's what they have been doing non stop this last week.

WC answer to the reports is show us video.  Again, when you are looking at a corrupted giga tearing apart your teleporter and cloning chambers , cryofridges, the last thing you are thinking of is how do you video record this happening .  You are trying to figure out  - do i pull out a giga or do i grab the bags before they do while they are doing that right in front of you.  Their names show up as boxes, so you have no clue who they are even if you get video of them doing it.

1 hour ago, sverrebob said:

It's pretty obvious the noob devs at WC dont care about their players at all...

I'd say it's more they fail to do a good job of product design.  I don't think it's a care thing so much as not having the in house culture of building a product we need vs what they think we need.

On 2/5/2021 at 7:21 AM, Seruum said:

yep this is just bullpoop. today the post in patch notes "fixed an exploit" with absolutelt no context as to what we no longer need to be worried about.

Best part about this, is that, if its fixed, it shouldn't be possible to replicate, so they should be free to tell us what did they fix.

1 hour ago, Gedanox said:

Happened to me and talked with several other in other servers who got affected by the same guys on PVE PC. After 5 days, even with video proof, they still are untoucehd, and swapping between servers while doing so.

it seems to me that it is difficult to trace. it will take a lot of time, and WC has no employees for this, there is no time for this. Genesis 2 is coming out soon and they need to prepare 😒

23 minutes ago, Amoeba said:

it seems to me that it is difficult to trace. it will take a lot of time, and WC has no employees for this, there is no time for this. Genesis 2 is coming out soon and they need to prepare 😒

I sent the steam profile of one of them and the battlemetrics of the other(as couldn't find associated steam profile, must be using some kind of third party program to do that), other of the people has it's IP from rcon battlemetrics and video proof, what more do they need to trace them? I mean... we basically did all the work for them, they just gotta press the "banned" button.

2 hours ago, Gedanox said:

Best part about this, is that, if its fixed, it shouldn't be possible to replicate, so they should be free to tell us what did they fix.

We all know by now that them patching something doesn’t mean it’s actually fixed.

The reason they won’t say anything is the same reason that post on here that even mentions meshing/cheating/etc get insta-locked with the old “report any instance of cheating to Wildcard” message.

It’s easier to put up a public front of being tough on cheating when you limit any discussion of what actually happens on your own official network.

No one is coming on here to learn how to mesh or where to find good aimbot scripts, but looking for help to defend against those kind of attackers would actually be helpful. Understanding how you can attempt to fight back is a lot more useful than waiting a few weeks for support to tell you they’ll look into it or that you didn’t have enough info for them to do anything.

18 hours ago, Gedanox said:

just gotta press the "banned" button.

oh .. if only it were that simple. in fact, I see a more global problem, WC does not have a support service in the form in which it exists in many online projects. pilling, griefing, exploits and they are trying to solve all this only with the help of BattlEye. Many of my friends are sure that it makes no sense to write reports. Nothing goes beyond the automatic response. Each time the response states that information about the investigation is hidden "but we will take action." It is very convenient to hide inactivity behind the screen of personal data protection.

3 hours ago, Amoeba said:

oh .. if only it were that simple. in fact, I see a more global problem, WC does not have a support service in the form in which it exists in many online projects. pilling, griefing, exploits and they are trying to solve all this only with the help of BattlEye. Many of my friends are sure that it makes no sense to write reports. Nothing goes beyond the automatic response. Each time the response states that information about the investigation is hidden "but we will take action." It is very convenient to hide inactivity behind the screen of personal data protection.

First of all, yes, it's that simple, second, I know they don't give a flying poop about most of the community, and won't answer to us, I'm just ranting here.

Archived