tlc Furniture TLC

Zahlea

Would you like to see a Furniture TLC?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a Furniture TLC?

• Heck, YES!
    • Nah, not really

If we were to have a furniture TLC, what would you like to see?

For me, some of the things are:

• Metal/modern and tek/futuristic tiers for tables, benches and chairs. Metal/modern doesn't mean that the furniture has to be out of metal, but rather that they have a more modern look so that they fit into a more modern or a metal house. Similarly, tek/futuristic doesn't mean they need to be of the same material as the tek parts (although it could be cool) but that they have a more futuristic look and fit the aesthetic of a tek house.
  • Underwater lamps.
  • Ceiling lamps.
  • Modern/metal tier single bed. Now, there only options are a ratty looking bed on the floor or a bunk bed. I'd like to have a proper bed on legs, maybe even a double bed version (or that they can be put together to make a double bed.
  • Different frames for paintings (and even better if there were paintings of different sizes!)
  • Table lamps. Maybe a torch and a modern lamp that can be placed on a table. Like a standing torch but half or less than half the height.
  • All creatures drop trophy. Or let the dermis double as a trophy when putting it in a trophy mount instead. That way, we could cover our walls with Trike heads we liked.
  • Simple wooden cross for graves. Let me explain why :P When I start out, I often want to keep a record of tames that die, but they start dying before I get to the headstone. It'd be cool if there was a very simple gravestone, like a wooden cross, that you could craft early (and pick up and move!).
  • End tables: maybe slightly lower than the current table and square.

I'm trying to think of the simplest things that would do the most. For me, that's a little bit more to choose from when it comes to the furniture we already have, but I'm also missing light and wall coverings. Especially more in terms of wall coverings would do the world of difference, I think, since it's so customiseable it would go a long way of making bases look less like all clones of each other.

7 hours ago, Gelantious said:

Would like this, it's a bit silly to have a TEK base and then place primitive wooden tables and chairs....

Granted I have some mods that do add some better stuff, like ECO's rp mod. But could still use more! :)

True, for us on PC we're lucky enough to have mods... unless one wants to play on official servers. I'm on my own server so I can definitely do mods, but it would be nice to have some more vanilla support for it! :) 

I agree - tek base with such primitive furniture just looks ridiculous :P 

On 5/6/2020 at 11:54 AM, Zahlea said:

If we were to have a furniture TLC, what would you like to see?

For me, some of the things are:

• Metal/modern and tek/futuristic tiers for tables, benches and chairs. Metal/modern doesn't mean that the furniture has to be out of metal, but rather that they have a more modern look so that they fit into a more modern or a metal house. Similarly, tek/futuristic doesn't mean they need to be of the same material as the tek parts (although it could be cool) but that they have a more futuristic look and fit the aesthetic of a tek house.
  • Underwater lamps.
  • Ceiling lamps.
  • Modern/metal tier single bed. Now, there only options are a ratty looking bed on the floor or a bunk bed. I'd like to have a proper bed on legs, maybe even a double bed version (or that they can be put together to make a double bed.
  • Different frames for paintings (and even better if there were paintings of different sizes!)
  • Table lamps. Maybe a torch and a modern lamp that can be placed on a table. Like a standing torch but half or less than half the height.
  • All creatures drop trophy. Or let the dermis double as a trophy when putting it in a trophy mount instead. That way, we could cover our walls with Trike heads we liked.
  • Simple wooden cross for graves. Let me explain why :P When I start out, I often want to keep a record of tames that die, but they start dying before I get to the headstone. It'd be cool if there was a very simple gravestone, like a wooden cross, that you could craft early (and pick up and move!).
  • End tables: maybe slightly lower than the current table and square.

I'm trying to think of the simplest things that would do the most. For me, that's a little bit more to choose from when it comes to the furniture we already have, but I'm also missing light and wall coverings. Especially more in terms of wall coverings would do the world of difference, I think, since it's so customiseable it would go a long way of making bases look less like all clones of each other.

They already have models for this all over extinction, the tables, benches, lamp posts ect... it would be so easy for then to do! 

2 hours ago, Glydyr said:

They already have models for this all over extinction, the tables, benches, lamp posts ect... it would be so easy for then to do! 

Oh, I haven't played Extinction yet, so didn't know! Yeah, then they don't even have an excuse! ;) 

1 hour ago, Buwaro said:

skins for furniture could be a solution to some of this(eg: plastic lawn chair skin for chairs, or a ceramic toilet skin )

Definitely a possibility. How would that be different from adding a new engram though?

for 1, you wouldn't need to spend points on them( could be tied to achievements/events/dlc's owned) so you don;t have to worry about "wasting" lots of points

2 it avoids adding complicated recipes(imagine spending element and black pearls for a chair oof) and cramming the crafting screens with not very useful engrams

3 if some are tied to events, allows more to be added over time easily as they release/update events

Those are some really good points! Side point: I wish they reworked the whole engram system. It's kind of silly that you have to learn both a sloped wall left and right. It's like my character's so stupid she can't figure out how to do exactly the same, just sloped the other direction ? If they were to fix that, your 2nd and 3rd points wouldn't be as strong, but as it stands now, they are :) 

On 5/14/2020 at 3:24 AM, wizard03 said:

Don't get me wrong, love to see bugs worked out first, but maybe they can spend some time on in game non mod décor while the rest of the team works on the general bugs. 

Oh, ofc! But I agree - they can split the team and do both :)

On 5/14/2020 at 5:48 PM, LilPrepBoy said:

A cool feature to make furniture useful could be that if you lay down in bed or sit in a chair, you stam recharges almost instantly.

I like this :) Just trying to think if it can be exploited... But stamina regenerates so quickly anyways, so maybe not. 

Archived